Chapter 39: Rakshabandhan

Bangalore

Viren was on the phone call "haan.. Sir I know work from home kar raha hun toh thoda difficult hai par aap meri majburi bhi toh samjhyie.. Jee don't worry main kal tak report submit kar dunga"

He disconnects and goes out to the hall. Manvi comes out of the room and stands in front of him, he was still angry at her.

He moves aside but Manvi held his wrist to stop him. Viren looks at her and she holds her ears apologising again.

"Sorry bolegi par phirse wahi galti karegi.. Nahi chahiye tera sorry" He replies.

Manvi shook her head in no, she tries to explain "I know main stupid hun! Aasani se dusron ki baat maan leti hun.. Phir aapko bhi hurt karti hun par I promise aajke baad wahi karungi jo aap kahoge"

She pleads with her eyes to forgive her. "Mujhe nahi baat karni hai tujhse.. Kitchen mein khana bana rakha hai jab bhook lage kha lena" he said and walked back towards his room.

Manvi gets upset, she enters the kitchen and pours the food into the plate. She takes it into his room and finds him working on his laptop. She sits down beside him and forwards the spoon filled with rice towards him.

"Maine kha liya hai khana" he replies.

Manvi eyed him and hits the bed lightly to gain his attention towards her. He looks at her and she signals she knows he doesn't eat without her.

She takes out the sign language books and asks him to teach her so that it gets easy for them to communicate with each other.

He gave her a look, she wraps her hand around his neck and places her head on his shoulder with teary eyes. Viren touched her cheek "paagal chokri.. Mana hi leti hai mujhe" he said.

Manvi smiles lightly, she feeds him and he feeds her back. After the food, Viren begins to teach her sign language.

"Acha batao bhai mujhe bahar jaana hai ka ishara kaise karogi?" he asked.

Manvi signals but gets it wrong "Aise nahi mannu.. Iska matlab hai mujhe bathroom jaana hai.."

She makes a face as it is getting so difficult for her to remember so many different signs. She keeps her head on his lap while he caresses her head "Aise upset nahi hote.. Seekh jaogi mujhe bhi toh ek mahina laga pura seekhne mein"

She smiles lightly and looks up at him. "Lori sunni hai?" he asked.

She blinks her eyes in yes.

Aa ri aa ja

Nindiya tu le chal kahin

Udan khatole mein

Dur dur dur yahan se dur

He pats her head lightly and she closes her eyes feeling the warmth of his touch. She sleeps peacefully on his lap and places a soft kiss on her forehead. He now hopes her pain will heal and they will be able to communicate with each other with sign language. It's not easy to accept this new change but he doesn't have any other option.

Delhi

Aarav meets Sharad in the hospital, he was shocked to see him injured. He questions "ye accident?"

"Kuch nahi.. Uss Vinay sharma se sawal jawab kar liye toh uske baap ne aisi halat kardi.." Sharad said with a light smile on his face.

"I am sorry Sharad.." He apologizes as they tried to kill him.

"Ye pehli baar toh hai nahi Aarav.. Maine pehle bhi aise high class casses lade hai! Inhe lagta hai main darr jaunga aur ye case chod dunga par aisa nahi hoga tum bas kisi bhi tarah uss ladki ko dundhne ki koshish karo! Wahi ek aakhiri umeed hai hamari" Sharad said.