Crash

So heres the next chapter, and its a doozy, if I do say so myself;) hope you like it!:) dont forget to vote. or comment. or both;)

“Oh god, no.” I said quietly. I could already see the flashing red lights, and this time, it wasn’t a dream. And it wasn’t my car.

Tucker glanced down at me and slowed as we came upon a police man standing a few feet from a crash.

“Sorry, you’ll have to take a detour.” He said, pointing to the road. Not just any road, the very road I refused to go down. This was getting better and better. I kept my eyes fixed on the twisted and burnt metal of what had once been a car. Tucker looked at me again.

“Are you sure there is no way we can get through here?” he asked the cop.

“Nope, sorry. Double fatal accident.” He explained. I felt my throat close up.

The police, the flashing lights, the white tarp thrown over a lump object in the road. Oh god, it was worse than the dream. I grabbed Tucker’s arm.

“Tucker, just get me out of here, please, please just get me out of here.” I begged as rush of memories came flooding back.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to shut out the sounds around me as I felt the car turnaround.

“We’re going home, Syd. Don’t worry, just a few more minutes.” I heard Tucker say, but his voice sounded far away.

I felt the truck turn, and I knew we were on that road again.

Suddenly, I was no longer in the truck.

I was in the car, and there were head lights coming at me and my father, who was smiling at me about something. I laughed and nodded, just as the lights flashed across my face, causing both of us to look just as they careened into us.

It felt like slow motion. The car pitched forward, metal grinding on metal as brakes locked and I screamed. We were in the air, upside down, then right side up, then upside down, then there was a bone jarring smash, and then silence.

A hissing sound, coming from one of the cars, but silence.

My ears were ringing as I tried to look around, but the world was spinning to fast, fading in and out of my sight.

I fumbled for my buckle that was pinning me in my seat, and fumbled with it until I unclicked it, and fell sideways. The car was on its side, my door crunched and ruined. Smoke curled into the air, making it impossible to see. My leg hurt badly, and I cried out in pain was I tried to get out, but my door was crunched like a piece of tin foil, and the other door was against the ground. I moved to the back of the car, coughing, and pushed on the door. It opened with an ear piercing groan, and I crawled out, falling to the ground, hurting my leg again. I felt warm, sticky blood dripping into my eyes as I tried to crawl, but I didn’t know where I was.

I felt the pavement under my hands, and I felt around, feeling broken glass and other stuff under my hands.

“Daddy?” I called, looking through the haze. I could barely make out the form of the other car, smoke billowing from under the hood as it leaned against a tree.

I saw a figure in the road, lying on the ground. I moved over to it, but I already knew it was him. I tried to wake him, even though I knew he was dead.

“Daddy!” I screamed, suddenly jolted back to present time. Tucker brought the car to a stop, and I made out the lights of my house. I jumped from the car, running into the house.

“Mom, mom!” I screamed, looking around the kitchen frantically. She rushed into the room, her jacket half way on. She took one look at me and pushed me down in a chair, then knelt down in front of me.