Interval 1 PART 3 - Knowing the Resistance

We walked towards the resistance camp, the injured android still holding onto my shoulders. It could be worse, I could be the injured one taken to the resistance, and so all androids would know that I am human.

The secret I kept for years would be over in a few minutes as androids have adoration for humans, they would not let me go and would protect me with their lives, which would be the end of my adventures.

Putting those thoughts aside, Kokio and I are in the middle of an uncomfortable situation, since neither of us has said a word since we walked. The awkward silence was killing me and I saw the discomfort on her face too. Therefore, I broke the silence.

"So how is the resistance?" I asked, smiling nervously. Kokio jumped slightly upon hearing my voice, but she smiled and answered.

"Well, most days are quiet, but I still work non-stop, rarely having a break. Anemone always gives task after task 'Kokio where is the daily report? Kokio, did you repair the parts in the inventory? Kokio, have you done your maintenance? Kokio, where are the documents I asked for? Kokio, I need you to take a guard shift!' Kokio, Kokio, Kokio... AAAHHH! I DON'T HAVE A MINUTE OF PEACE, IT'S JUST WORK, WORK, AND MORE WORK, AND TODAY WHEN I HAD ONE OF MY FEW DAYS OFF, I ENDED UP IN THIS SITUATION!"

I jumped a little at the sudden outburst, I did not expect her to be so frustrated, she screamed and stomped the ground as she spoke, but eventually stopped when she noticed that I watched her.

"Sorry, it's just that no one ever asked me about the resistance and I vented my frustration on you. However, if you want to know, the resistance is a good place, full of friendly androids that fight this war. There is the weapons merchant, the parts merchant, several stalls with androids selling trinkets, there is also a flowerbed, and a corner to relax while listening to the jukebox, and this is where I stay with my friends sometimes. There is also a weird android that lives in the desert, she shows up occasionally, and the twins, but I would rather not talk about them. We're all led by Anemone in the end."

Kokio said, smiling with her face red in shame due to her previous outburst. She seemed happy to talk about her friends but I could not help but notice the strange tone when she talked about the twins. I wonder if they are whom I am thinking of.

"Anemone, I wonder how she is doing." I sighed.

"Did you say something?" Kokio asked.

"No, nothing!" I quickly corrected myself.

"Okay, now tell me about yourself, Alan, since I've told you about myself. You look like an old android, so what is your model? What were you doing alone in the city? Why do you have a POD?" Kokio asked question after question, bringing her face closer to mine.

"Calm down one question at a time! Yes, I am a very old android, probably the oldest in the world. I prefer to avoid talking about my model; it is rude to ask about the model of an android, you know. I'm kind of a traveler, I go from place to place with no objective in mind, but I assure you, I've traveled all over the world. South America, Central America, North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Oceania, I've been to Rio de Janeiro, New York, London, Paris, Moscow, Berlin, and now I'm here in Japan. Finally, I found the POD in an abandoned building."

"Wow, if you've traveled the world then it means you've been in Realm of the Night, you've seen the night! Tell me, what is the night like? Not just that, what is the world like? All I know about humans is on my systems, but I want to know more about them, their culture, art, and architecture! I saw the great buildings they built in old photos, but I would love to see them personally!" Kokio spoke happily with a dreamy look.

It breaks my heart to know what happened to these constructions, the Eiffel Tower became a battle platform for the machines, with anti-aircraft batteries, missile launchers, and large broadcast antennas. The tower finally fell on a special resistance mission in Paris, I know because I was there.