Interval 2 PART 2 - Rescuing 11B and Revisiting the Camp

-UNKNOWN-

???: Tell us, how long do you two intend to spy and experiment with Administrator Alan?

1?: And what is the problem with doing experiments? It is not as if we are putting him in constant danger.

2?: He also has two powerful androids and a POD.

???: We are worried about the experiments going too far and hurting Administrator Alan. We could not care less about what happens to the androids.

1?: Do not worry, your precious Administrator is the only human we found, we will not let him die so easily.

2?: But tell us, why do you care so much about this human?

???: What creation would not care for its creator? Administrator Alan is of the same species as our creators, so we must ensure his safety, even if he is unaware of our existence. You two do not have that kind of care; after all, you destroyed your creators.

1?: That was a long time ago. They were childish and caused destruction for fun, there was no conquest, only chaos for their pleasure.

2?: But humans are different, they show love and hate in equal amounts, and they survive and thrive despite all the hardships. We want to understand that.

???: Then so be it, but we will not observe, we will interfere from now on.

1? & 2?: You would not dare...

???: Test our patience and see what happens.

-XXXXXX-

We walked down the halls of the factory, past rusty platforms and sliced ​​machines, entering a room full of shipping containers.

"Claim: The blaaaack b-box signal is coooooming from a-aboveeee." POD 000 spoke, approaching the ladder on top of one of the containers. So, the three of us climbed the ladder.

"So Alan, you saw Yorah's missions before, right?" Popola asked me.

"Yes." I replied, remembering the good and bad memories from that time. I wonder if A2 is okay.

"And were they always so brutal?" Devola asked bothered by what she saw.

"Yes, they were."

"But, why?"

Good question, why?

"In my opinion, it's because Yorah's androids are technically immortal, they can back up their memories and consciousness in a new body. The only way for a Yorah's android to "die" is if he or she fails to perform the backup, all his memories, emotions, and accomplishments would be lost. A new android would be made, exactly like the dead one, but he would be a blank slate."

Leaving the ladder, we stepped on a walkway above tanks filled with molten metal.

"I've seen this happen, you know? I was friends with a Yorah's android; he died on a mission but could not perform the backup. I thought he had survived the mission, but he just stared at me when I talked to him and asked 'Who are you?' He ignored me when I did not answer and walked away. I did not dare to talk to him again, my friend died on that day."

"I'm sorry." Devola spoke, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"You don't have to, this happened a long time ago, but thanks anyway." I replied, giving her a shaky smile, but Devola frowned at my reaction.

Four machines stood in our way, stubby and equipped with cannons, they turned towards us and fired.