Interval 6 PART 3 - A Day of Work

"So what are we going to do today?" Perla asked excitedly to Devola and Popola as she slung a bag over her shoulder.

"A lot of things, we have machines to eliminate in the Flooded City, supplies to deliver to one of the Desert outposts, and parts to pick up in the village of Pas... I mean, in a certain village in the Forest." Popola responded, quickly correcting the last part.

Damiana narrowed her eyes at the sudden change in attitude, but Devola spoke before someone asked any questions.

"As you saw, we will have a busy day. And none of our missions will be easy if they are like all the previous ones, this is your last chance to leave." Devola spoke, slinging a backpack and drawing a small blade similar to her sister's one.

"Don't worry about us; we know how to handle ourselves." Damiana smiled arrogantly, resting her claymore on her shoulder.

"Well, then don't say we didn't warn you." Devola responded in the same tone, returning the smile.

Then, the group of four androids left the camp, getting out of reach of the androids that stared at the twins with disdain, and walked through the City Ruins, seeking to fulfill their objectives for the day.

Unfortunately, a strange silence took over the environment after a few minutes of walking. Suddenly, the ruins, plants, and animals became more interesting than the faces of the androids present there.

"Listen; is every day always like this?" Perla asked shyly, breaking the silence.

"Like what?" Popola asked confused.

"I noticed the looks and comments that the androids made when we left the camp, and Devola said that the missions will not be easy. Is every day like this?" Perla elaborated, trying not to offend the android.

Popola went silent, looking embarrassedly at the floor as she opened and closed her mouth, thinking about how to respond.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend!" Perla quickly apologized after seeing the android's reaction.

"Don't worry; you didn't offend us, we just..." Devola muttered, pondering her next words as she scratched her head nervously.

"We're not used to people asking about us. Honestly, I don't even know where to start." Popola completed her sister's speech.

"Yeah, right, that is it. Sorry if this sounds rude, we know you've been nice to us so far, but we prefer not to talk too much about ourselves for now, after all, we met recently." Devola continued, watching Perla and Damiana with anticipation.

The wavy-haired redhead expected an explosive response, an angry look, an insult, anything her sister and she used to hear, but she received a reassuring smile instead.

"I see, then, how about we start with something small?" Damiana suggested.

"Like what exactly?" Devola asked, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"How about we talk about our hobbies? My sister and I love music, whether it's singing or playing an instrument." Perla suggested.

"Oh, cool, us too! My sister and I love to sing occasionally, we also know how to play the lute, but we have never found one intact." Popola responded with a twinkle in her eye.

"What an interesting coincidence! I bought a brand new lute recently. Maybe we can sing together?" Perla suggested with a big smile on her face.

"Seriously, would you mind bringing him to camp sometime? We could..." Popola exclaimed excitedly, returning the smile.

Then, Perla and Popola embarked on a long conversation about music, songs, and musical instruments, with big smiles on their faces and a gleam of recognition in their eyes upon meeting someone who shares the same tastes.