39

I stared down at the white box on my desk. I was in I and Endeavors office, alone. I don't know where he is.

I pulled the top off the box and smiled. It was my new suit. I pulled it out of the box. It was a similar style to my old suit except this one had two blue and orange stripes that went down the sides of the arms and legs. The stripes made it match Endeavors. The fabric was soft but strong.

"I see you found your new suit." Came a deep voice from behind me. I turned around to face Endeavor. "Do you like it?"

I smiled at him. "Yes. Thank you."

He gave me a small smile back. "Of course."

"How did you know my size though?"

He looked a bit taken aback for a moment before he spoke. "I didn't. I just had to show your picture to the woman who made it and she knew right away. She made my suit as well a while ago."

"Ah I see. Well thank you."

He nodded. "Well go get changed we have to go on patrol in five minutes."

I left the room, went to the bathroom, and changed into the suit. This one honestly fit me better than my old suit. That woman must be a wizard.

I took out my phone and snapped a mirror picture and sent it to Dabi. He immediately responded with "hot" and a strand of suggestive emojis. I rolled my eyes and slid my phone back into my bag.

As Endeavor and I walked around the city, many people said hi to me and some took pictures.

When we got to a less populated area I spoke. "So how is Shoto doing?"

Endeavor was quiet for a moment. "I wouldn't know."

"Why not?"

"He won't speak to me."

"Why?"

"Why do you keep asking personal questions?" He asked angrily.

"Well sorry I am just trying to get to know the person I work with."

We continued to walk in silence for a long time. I was shocked when he spoke again. "I wasn't a good man when Shoto was young. I am trying to be better but Shoto doesn't want anything to do with me. I can't blame him."

"What about your other kids?"

"Natsuo doesn't really want anything to do with me. My daughter Fuyumi.... She wants us all to be a family again."

"What about your wife?" I looked over at Endeavor, his jaw clenched.

"She is.... She is in a mental facility."

I thought carefully about how I should respond to this. "I am sorry. Is she okay?"

"Yes. She was the one who gave Shoto his scar so I sent her there. I only realized lately that it was my fault."

"How was it your fault?"

Endeavor stopped walking and looked at me. "I drove her over the edge. She said Shoto reminds her too much of me. As I said, I was not a good man you won't want to hear anymore."

"I am sure I have heard and seen worse."

His eyes narrowed at me. "What do you mean?"

I stared at him. "The world is cruel and evil. I have been a victim of it and learned how to survive. Trust me, I have seen some shit."

He gave me a small nod and we started walking again. "You can't tell anyone this stuff by the way."

"I know. So what is the other stuff that you think I can't handle?"