Chapter 14- I Hate This.

~ Techno POV ~

 We stand, staring at each other. She signals at me to follow her. I walk to her, she walks back into his room. I follow her, closing the door behind me. I sit down in the chair beside his bed, putting my hands on my lap. "Uhm, Techno." I look at her, "Love, he died very early this morning. Please, say your goodbyes." With that, his parents leave the room, closing the door. "Jeez.. If I could swap places with you, I wouldn't even hesitate. We were.. a family." I look at the young boy, his chest that would usually be moving up and down steadily, lay still. His eyes shut. It's too quiet. The more I look at him, the more I wished I could've done more. My eyes sting with tears I'd been holding in for far too long; tears I've been holding in since I arrived in December, It's now April. "In a way, this is gonna tear people apart, but also bring them together. I love you Tommy, and I'm sorry I never got to tell you before you decided to.. I wish I could rewind time." 

~ Wilbur POV ~

I sit in the waiting room, my leg bouncing. There has to be a small chance he survived. It's been like 10 minutes since Techno went in, he's gonna walk out, smiling with relief, because Tommy is okay. I look up as the man with brown hair, dyed a few strands pink runs out, hiding his face. He doesn't bother looking at us. Muffled cries as he ran past, reaching into his pocket for his phone. I stand up, running after him. He starts walking, holding his phone to his ear. I walk behind him.

~ Techno POV ~

I got up and ran. There was no way I'd let them see me like this. I ran, grabbing my phone out my pocket, finding Phil's number. I get out of the hospital, holding it up to my ear. He answers. 

"You alright mate?" Hearing his voice would usually help me. I was too busy trying not to choke on my tears to answer his question. "Techno? What's wrong? Calm down and speak to me mate." I drop to my knees, feeling hands grip my shoulders. I look at him, he takes my phone talking to Phil. "Can you come to the hospital closest to Tommy's house? We need you Phil." after a few minutes of them talking, he hangs up and drags me into a hug. I start sobbing. If I could help it, I would stop myself. I've been so stressed trying to keep Tommy happy and alive, that I've completely ignored my own needs. All of that has gone to waste. These past few months have only ended in disaster. I rest my head on Wilbur's shoulder and try to calm down. I don't know how long we sat like this for. He tried his best to comfort me, only resulting into another breakdown. 

When Phil arrives, Wilbur had taken me inside and sat me down at a table. He got up to greet Phil, bringing him to our table. I wipe my eyes, looking down. "He's gone Phil. Early this morning. If I had just answered Wilbur's texts and calls he'd be alright. If I had tried harder these past months to keep him happy we wouldn't be sat here. It's all my fault Phil." He walks and places a hand on my shoulder, 

"Sometimes, things are inevitable. It's not your fault, you tried the hardest you could. Do not at all blame yourself. It was his time to go, sometimes.. sometimes people feel like they have no choice. Like no one wants them around. I can only guess that's how Tommy felt." He looks down, blinking away tears.

I hate this.