Ch 2: A New Mission PAW

Morning arrived in Adventure Bay, and the sun was bright as ever. At the Lookout, the pups were waking up and exiting their pup houses.

"Morning pups." Chase said.

"Hey Chase." Marshall replied.

"Is it breakfast time yet?" Rubble asked.

At that moment, Ryder came down and gave the pups their breakfast.

"Hey pups, are you doing anything today?" Ryder asked.

"Rubble, Marshall, and I told the mayor we'd fill in some potholes in one of the back streets." Chase replied.

"And I told Sid and Arrby I'd help them with patrol today." Zuma added.

"Rocky and I have to go to Farmer Al's to help put new roof shingles on the barn." Skye said.

"Wow, you pups are busy today." Ryder said, "I have a couple of things to do as well."

"Ok. See you later Ryder." Rocky said as he and the pups headed into the Lookout. They put on their gear, got in the vehicles, and headed off to their locations. Ryder pulled out his pup pad to check up on Sid and Arrby.

"Hey Sid, hey Arrby." Ryder said.

"Hey Ryder." the pirate pair replied.

"How was patrol yesterday?" Ryder asked

"Really quiet." Arrby replied.

"Yeah, nothing exciting or new." Sid added.

"Ok, call if anything happens." Ryder replied.

"Argh, will do." Sid replied as he hung up.

Meanwhile, in one of the back roads, Chase, Marshall, and Rubble were filling in potholes and redirecting traffic whist Zuma was out on the bay helping Sid and Arrby. And Skye and Rocky were at Farmer Al's helping him put new roof shingles on the barn. It may have been a lot of work, but the pups didn't mind helping out their hometown.

At the Lookout, Ryder was fixing a wing on Skye's pup pack which was coming lose. While he was working, the leader of the PAW Patrol couldn't shake off the feelings lingering in the back of his mind. Sweetie, Mayor Humdinger, and his kittens had been extremely quiet over the past six months, and Almuzar hadn't been seen despite being dead. It was making Ryder think that they were planning something big.

The sudden ring of his pup pad brought the 10 year old back to reality. On the screen was a gold crown symbol meaning it was the Earl of Barkingburg.. Ryder set down his screwdriver and picked up his pup pad. He tapped the symbol and the Earl of Barkingburg appeared on screen.

"Hi your Earlness." Ryder said in a cheerful tone.

"Ryder, I'm afraid I have very bad news." the Earl said, worry flashing in his eyes.

"What is it?" Ryder asked.

"Several artifacts from the museum and castle of gone missing. Plus several shops were broken into and stuff was stolen." the Earl replied.

"Plus, Sweetie's nowhere to be found again." the Princess said as she came into the camera view.

"Don't worry your Highnesses, no job is too big, no pup is too small!" Ryder exclaimed as he hung up. He called Robo Dog to get the Air Patroller ready. He then pulled out the tray and pressed the button.

At their locations, the pups' pup tags went and their leader's voice came through.

"PAW Patrol, to the Air Patroller!" Ryder's voice called through their tags.

"Ryder needs us!" the pups exclaimed.

The pups then quickly headed to the Lookout. They parked their vehicles and headed to the Air Patroller. However, Marshall hadn't watched where he was going and had landed on Rubble's skateboard and was now rolling towards the Air Patroller. The pups saw their pack mate rolling towards and exclaimed 'Look out!' as the clumsy Dalmatian crashed into them.

"Hey pups, I'm board." Marshall said earning laughs from his friends. The pups got themselves out of the pile and headed in the Air Patroller. As the Air Patroller took off, they were unaware that several familiar figures were watching them, waiting for them to leave.

"PAW Patrol ready for action, Ryder sir." Chase stated.

"Thanks pups, we have a situation in Barkingburg." Ryder said.

"Like what?" Rocky asked.

"Several artifacts from the castle and museum have been stolen, and several shops were broken into as well." Ryder replied.

"That's terrible." Rubble said.

"It is." Ryder replied, "Also, Sweetie has disappeared as well."

"Sounds like she's up to no good again." Chase said.

"Yeah, I agree." Marshall said, "That pup's always looking for trouble."

"I wonder what she's gonna do now." Zuma said.

"I hope it's nothing too big and dangerous." Skye added.

"Hold on pups." Ryder said, "We don't know if Sweetie's involved in this. But this is most definitely a-"

"Mission PAW!" the pups exclaimed.

"Robo Dog, put us in stealth mode." Ryder said.

Robo Dog barked in reply and put the Air Patroller in stealth mode, and they took off for Barkingburg. After about two hours, the Air Patroller arrived in Barkingburg. The entrance opened, and the Air Patroller landed. The pups bounded out of the plane with their leader behind them. The team headed downstairs and put on their gear. Ryder took his place in front of the pups and began to speak.

"Ok pups, we need to find out who broke into the castle, museum, and those shops and which items were stolen." Ryder said, "So for this mission, I'll need...Chase, I need your detective skills and nose to find out who the thief is and to track them."

"Chase is on the case." the German Shepherd said proudly.

"Rocky, Skye, and Zuma, I need your radar scanner, wings, and super sonar to see if you can find the stolen objects and the thief.

"This pup's gotta fly!" the Cockapoo exclaimed

"Green means go." the gray Mixed Breed states.

"Let's dive in." the Chocolate Labrador said eagerly.

"Marshall, I need you and your Hydro Launcher to get through locks." Ryder continued.

"I'm fired up." the Dalmatian said.

"And Rubble, I need you and your Construction Claw to move heavy stuff out of the way." Ryder concluded.

"Rubble on the double." the English Bulldog said firmly.

"Alright, PAW Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder exclaimed.

Robo Dog had already started up the Mission Cruiser, and the pups' vehicles had been loaded. The team headed inside the Cruiser and took their seats.

"Robo Dog, take us to the castle." Ryder said.

Robo Dog barked in reply, and they took off though the tunnel. The entrance opened and the Cruiser steered onto the road and headed towards the castle, unaware what was in store for them.

To be continued...