Ch 10: Invasion & Strife

Ryder's face was pale and in shock. The worst nightmare that he and the pups shared was happening all over again.

"Ryder, what do we do?" Mayor Goodway asked.

"Try to get to the Beach Tower. We'll be there as soon as we can." Ryder replied.

"Please hurry!" Alex exclaimed.

Ryder hung up the phone and looked at everyone. "We got to go back to Adventure Bay now. Sweetie, Mayor Humdinger, the kittens, and Almuzar are attacking the town along with Harold and his giant robot."

"Oh no!" Rubble exclaimed.

"How could that be possible?" Everest asked, "The robot drained the meteor of its power. So how is it running?"

"Almuzar's probably supplying Harold with a magic based power source." Charles replied.

"We got to get back to Adventure Bay now!" Chase exclaimed. As he did, the pain in his side flared and he groaned.

"Chase, you and the others are in no condition to fight." Chance said, "You're still injured."

"But we can't let them destroy our home." Marshall said.

The Canine Knights all looked at each other and began talking via psychic link.

"Charles, you know they're not gonna back down right?" Blaze said.

"I know, but they're still in no condition to fight." Charles replied.

"But you know they won't stop trying." Skyler replied.

"I agree with Skyler. They're pretty stubborn." Arthur added.

"But with their injuries, they wouldn't last 5 minutes in a fight. Not to mention, they're still too weak." Richard replied.

"Charles, don't you have a spell that can temporarily replenish their strength?" Chance asked.

"I do, but are you sure that's a good idea?" Charles asked wearily.

"It's really the only option we have." Granite said, "Either that or use a sleeping spell on them until this is over and I don't think they'll be too happy if we do that."

The Knights talked to each other for a few more minutes. Finally, Charles turned to the PAW Patrol.

"Alright, knowing that you all won't back down, we'll let you fight." Charles said, "But since you're still injured, we have a spell that will temporarily replinish your strength so you can fight."

"Thanks." the pups and Ryder replied.

The Princess handed Charles his spellbook and he flipped through the pages before he found the spell. "Vires vitae robore fortitudinis animum ad ea pugna" (Strength of life, strength of might, return to the soul so it may fight)

The PAW Patrol felt their weakness vanish and their strength returning. Just then, the doctor came in. He then told them that since they were doing fine that it would be ok for them to leave, but not do anything strenuous. The group headed out of the hospital wing. The team the changed into another set of clothes along with their pup packs, helmets and pup tags.

"Good luck PAW Patrol." the Earl said, "And Princess, please be careful."

"I will." the Princess said as she and the others climbed into the Mission Cruiser.

"Robo Dog, take us back to our base." Ryder said.

Robo Dog barked in reply and drove the Cruiser through the streets.