Ch 6: Torture & Memories

Meanwhile, the pups were still tied up and locked up. It had been hours since they were captured, and there was no chance or way of getting out. The ropes were beginning to cut deep into their paws, and they were tired, hungry, and thirsty. But they were mostly worried about Ryder.

"What do we do now?" Rubble asked.

"I don't know." Chase replied, "How's everyone holding up?"

"We're ok for now." Marshall said, "Despite being cold, hungry, thirsty, and tired."

"And having no idea where we are." Zuma added.

"And not knowing what will happen to us." Skye added.

"And not knowing where Ryder is." Rocky replied.

"I know this might be hard pups, but we have to stay strong." Chase said.

"Chase is right." Marshall said, "We can't show any weakness. They might try to take advantage of it."

"I just hope Ryder is ok." Skye said, her pink eyes full of worry.

"Me too Skye. Me too." Rubble replied.

At that moment, they heard the jingling of keys. The door opened, and Sweetie and Mayor Humdinger walked in.

"What do you want?" Rocky said in a snippy way.

"Watch your tongue, you messy Mixed Breed." Mayor Humdinger snapped back. He then threw a large bucket of water on the gray pup.

"Hey, leave him alone!" Zuma yelled.

"Yuck, yuck, yuck!" Rocky exclaimed as he sputtered water, "What was that for?! You know I hate water!"

"Why? Is it because that's how your parents died?" Sweetie said in a snarky way.

Rocky's fur went white, and his brown eyes widened. "How...how did you know that?" he stuttered.

"Almuzar filled us in. And I must say, I'm deeply sorry about what you've all been through." Sweetie said with a mock sincereness.

The pups felt dread well up in their chests. If Almuzar knew how their parents died and what they were afraid of, then he was probably going to use it against them.

"Now Sweetie, let's show these pathetic pups who's boss." Mayor Humdinger said with an evil smile.

"I agree." Sweetie replied.
——————————————————————
Harold threw Ryder up against a wall. The boy grimaced in pain, but refused to show it. Harold and the kittens had been beating him for how ever long they had been. The leader of the PAW Patrol had scratches and bruises all over him and was bleeding in several places. Ryder fell to the floor and wiped blood trickling from his mouth.

"Not as tough as you look." Harold said, obviously amused.

"Why...why are you doing this Harold?" Ryder asked, his voice hoarse.

"Because I want revenge on you annoying, goody two-shoe pups." Harold said with a slight growl, "And what better why to do that then to hurt the thing they love more than anything."

Ryder felt the urge to punch Harold for talking about his pups like that. But he was weak and dizzy, and Harold was wearing his super suit. The kittens scratched him several more times, causing his pain to increase. The door then opened and Almuzar came in.

"Harold, stop it." Almuzar hissed, "Remember, if he dies, we lose our leverage with the pups. And we also need him for our plan."

"I'm going to ask you again Almuzar, where are the pups?" Ryder said, his tone stern and serious.