Ch 7: Preparation

Deep inside a cave outside of Barkingburg, the evil quintet was working on the items for the resurrection spell. Mayor Humdinger was mixing together some of the spices for the boundary of the ritual circle, Sweetie was going through the spell book and memorizing the spells, and Harold was preparing another batch of knockout gas. The kittens weren't doing much, and Almuzar just stood in the shadows.

"How's everything coming along?" the ghostly sorcerer asked.

"Coming along good sir." Sweetie replied, "We should be getting this underway in about an hour."

"Good." Almuzar replied before turning to Harold, "Harold, go see if Ryder and the pups are still alive. If they are, gas them."

"On it sir." Harold said as he took several smoke bombs and walked out.

"I admit Mayor, I'm impressed." Almuzar commented, "Your nephew is more skilled than I thought."

"Of course he is." Mayor Humdinger said proudly, "I taught him."

"Yeah, glad you didn't teach him to be an overgrown baby." Sweetie snorted.

"Hey, watch your mouth you spoiled brat!" Mayor Humdinger snapped.

"Maybe I would if you weren't such whiny, spoiled brat yourself!" Sweetie growled, "No wonder the PAW Patrol beats you so easily."

"Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm talking to the expert in getting beaten by the PAW Patrol." Mayor Humdinger said sarcastically, "And for your information, I've been dealing with that kid and his annoying pups for twice as long as you!"

"But at least I was able to outsmart them for a while!" Sweetie yelled.

Before Mayor Humdinger could respond, a bolt of magic shot from the shadows. Almuzar floated out extending his hand.

"Enough." he snarled, "What have I said about your ridiculous squabbling?"

"Sorry sir." Sweetie and Mayor Humdinger said darkly.

"Mayor, go help your nephew with the PAW Patrol." Almuzar said.

"Yes sir." Mayor Humdinger said rolling his eyes as he walked out.

As he did, Sweetie stuck her tongue out at the cat-loving Mayor. Despite both of them wanting revenge on the PAW Patrol, the two didn't like each much. Sweetie though Mayor Humdinger was an overgrown man-baby, and Humdinger thought Sweetie was a spoiled brat.

"Sir, what do we do with the PAW Patrol once we're done with the plan?" Sweetie asked.

"I'm not sure yet." Almuzar replied, "It's either torture them or kill them."

"But what if the Canine Knights find the PAW Patrol first before the ritual?" the West Highland White Terrier asked.

Almuzar tensed up at the mention of his old enemies, and replied, "Don't worry Miss Sweetie, everything will go according to plan."
——————————————————————
Meanwhile in their cell, the pups felt worse than ever. Humdinger and Sweetie had come in and beat them for about 30 minutes, and then Almuzar came in and gave them hallucinations of what they were afraid of and made them relive their traumatic experiences. And the kittens came in and made Chase's allergies go nuts. But despite the torture they'd been subjected to, they kept a brave face.

"Guys, I don't know how much longer I take this." Rubble said, his face still wet with tears.

"Me too dude." Zuma replied

"Me three." Marshall added.

"I know pups." Chase said, his eyes bloodshot and his nose running, "I'm trying to think of a plan, but it's really hard."