Ch 9: Mending Wounds

"Ah, so nice to feel my own flesh and blood again." Almuzar said as he ran his hand over his skin.

The group was shocked. Almuzar was now a living being again, and they were more shocked to see the PAW Patrol tied up to the seven pillars surrounding the circle.

"Almuzar, let the PAW Patrol go!" Charles yelled.

Almuzar looked up to see the spirits of his old enemies. "Charles...Knights." he snarled, "If you want your descendants, you have to go through us."

Sweetie, Mayor Humdinger, Harold, and the Kitty Katastrophe Crew came and stood by the sorcerer. The staff part of the scepter flew into his hands, and all seven elements flew into their places. Almuzar then chanted a spell, and knights in black armor appeared.

"Princess, you and Katie try to get Ryder and the pups down. Sid, help them." Charles said telepathically, "Carlos, Everest, Tracker, Arrby, take care of the others. Pups, take care of the knights."

"What are you going to do Charles?" Katie asked.

"I'll take care of Almuzar." Charles said, turning his brown eyed gaze to his old foe.

"Wise choice Charles." Almuzar said before turning to his partners, "Get them."

"Alright, let's show these pesky do-gooders who's boss." Sweetie said.

"I'm ready." Mayor Humdinger said cackling.

"Me too Uncle Mayor." Harold said smiling.

Different colored helmets and pup packs appeared on Chance, Blaze, Granite, Richard, Arthur, and Skyler. The black knights then charged at the ghostly pups, and they went into battle. Carlos, Everest, Tracker, and Arrby then charged at Harold, Mayor Humdinger, the Kitty Katastrophe Crew, and Sweetie. And the Princess, Katie, and Sid snuck around the fight to try to free the PAW Patrol.

Charles floated down to where Almuzar was and landed. A white knights helmet appeared on his head, and a sword appeared in his hand. The Scepter of Immortality turned into a sword in the sorcerer's hand. The two enemies glared at each other for a moment. Almuzar then lunged at Charles with his sword, but the leader of the Canine Knights blocked the attack.

While everyone was distracted, the Princess, Katie, and Sid were trying to free Ryder and the pups. Sid was hanging from a rope and using a small knife he had to cut the ropes. The 10 year old and the pups were still unconscious and groaned in pain as they were moved to a safer place.

"How are they?" the Princess asked.

"Can't tell, but I know they're dehydrated and in bad shape." Katie replied.

Meanwhile, Tracker, Everest, Carlos, and Arrby were trying to take care of Sweetie, the Humdingers, and the kittens. It wasn't easy as Tracker and Everest had never dealt with Sweetie before. And Harold wearing his super suit wasn't helping either.

The Canine Knights were starting to get overwhelmed by the amount of knights. They might have been spirits, but they hadn't had a fight like this since the Battle of Good and Evil 200 years ago.

"Pups, I don't know how much we can hold them off." Richard said as he disarmed a knight.

"I know, but let's keep trying." Chance replied.

Meanwhile, Charles flew back against wall as Almuzar charged at him. Charles held up his sword and blocked Almuzar's. The two were gritting their teeth trying to get the upper hand.

"You're relentless." Almuzar growled, "Why should you go to risks to protect your petty legacy?"

"You're a fool thinking that's what I'm trying to protect." Charles snapped back, "You kidnapped our descendants when they have done nothing to you."

"They share your flesh and blood." Almuzar snarled as his eyes glowed red, "They're just as guilty as you!"

Charles then pushed back and swung his sword. Almuzar's blade flew out of his hand and morphed back into the scepter. Almuzar saw that the fight here was pointless and that he and his partners needed to move forward with their plan. Almuzar then yelled "Fumus!" Smoke poured into the cave, and there was a flash of light. Once the smoke cleared, everyone saw that Almuzar, Sweetie, and the others were gone.

"They're gone." Everest said.

"Where could they have gone?" Tracker asked.

"I don't know." Charles said, his sword and helmet disappearing, "But first, we have to take car of them."

Just then, the Princess, Katie, and Sid walked in carrying the unconscious PAW Patrol.

"Let's go back to the castle now." the Princess said.
——————————————————————
A few hours later, everyone was in the waiting room in the castle hospital. Charles has teleported all them back to the castle and got Ryder and the pups medical attention. While waiting, the Earl was informed of what went down in the Cave of the Seven Sorcerers. And finally, the doctor came out.

"Well doctor, how are they?" Carlos asked.

"Well, all seven are suffering from dehydration, sleep deprivation, and slight hypothermia." the doctor replied, "Ryder has a slight concussion, a broken wrist, and a couple of bruised ribs. The pups have minor concussions, injured paws, and cracked ribs, along with lacerations. But all of them will be ok."

Everyone sighed in relief. Katie then asked, "Can we see them?"

"Of course." the doctor replied, "They maybe unconscious for a while, so be patient."

Everyone walked in the room and saw Ryder and the pups still asleep. They all had IVs in and bandages, but other than that, they looked ok.

"I can't believe Sweetie and the others would do this." the Earl said, "They all just kids."

"Yeah, Almuzar's as cold as a winter night." Blaze said.

"Yes, he's even hurt us as well." Granite said.

"Yeah, one time he kidnapped Charles and threatened to kill him if we didn't stop rescuing." Skyler added.

"That's horrible." Arrby said.

"Yes it was. We were terrified we'd never see Charles again." Arthur replied.

"I don't even want to think was those villainous five are up to now." Katie said.

"It'll be alright Katie." Charles said.

About an hour or so later, Ryder and the pups woke up.

"Uhh...what happened?" Rubble said.

"I don't know." Rocky replied

"Uhh...my head hurts." Zuma said.

"Pups, you're ok!" Everest exclaimed.

"Everest? Tracker? Carlos?" Chase said, "What are y'all doing here?"

"We came to help rescue you mis amigos." Tracker replied.

"Well thanks." Ryder said, his voice sounding a little hoarse. Katie came up to him and hugged him tight as she kissed him on the cheek.

"What happened to Sweetie, Mayor Humdinger, Harold, the kittens, and Almuzar?" Skye asked.

"They got away." Sid replied.

"Yeah, who knows where they are now." Carlos added. Just then, the butler came in with Ryder's wristwatch. He gave it to Ryder, and he answered it. It was Mayor Goodway.

"Hey Mayor, what's up?" Ryder asked.

"Ryder, you and the pups have to get back to Adventure Bay now!" she exclaimed, Chickaletta clucking in reply.

Looking in the camera were the Turbot cousins, Mr. Porter and Alex with Cali, Julia and Julius, Daring Danny X, Ms. Majorie and Mainerd, and Jake. And they were all in Alex's treehouse. Ryder felt his heart sink. That meant one thing.

"What's wrong?" the 10 year old asked worriedly.

"Adventure Bay's being attacked again!" Everyone yelled. As the camera faced out the window, Ryder was horrified to see Sweetie, Mayor Humdinger and the kittens, and Almuzar trashing the town. But what was most terrible was a familiar purple and gray giant robot stomping around town.

To be continued...