𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𝐊𝐲𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐢 𝐎𝐚𝐤𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝
𝖯𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖽, 𝖮𝗋𝖾𝗀𝗈𝗇 - 1:00 𝖠𝖬

I walked into the corner store, taking my hood off.

What I love about this place is that it's never closed...

I darted towards the chips aisle and picked up some of my favorite chips.

Let me get Sephari her favorite snacks or else she will bother me...

I felt a hand touch my shoulder which caused me to jump back. As soon as I made eye contact with the person, I felt my eyes stinging.

"Where have you been?", my mother asked.

She looked like she has been crying. She had a black eye, busted up lip, and more injuries that made her face look disoriented.

"Get away from me.", I mumbled, walking away.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see her limping slowly in my direction. I kept walking, she was limping after me.

I stopped walking and turned around. A smile appeared on her face as she kept walking towards me. I held my hand up, indicating that she needs to keep her distance.

"What the hell do you want?", I asked.

"That's not any way to talk to your mother. I gave birth to you, you ungrateful little bitch.", she answered.

I opened my mouth to say something, but I quickly closed my mouth. I cannot entertain any of this bullshit.

"Now, come give Momma a hug!", she shouted.

I felt my eyes welling up again. Her words still stung. Every single time she says something hurtful, she tried to cover it up with a sweet statement.

And she wonders why I want to stay away from her...

"What do you want, Courtney?", I asked, blinking my tears back.

"Don't ever try to use my first name like you're grown.", she snapped.

I huffed, rolling my eyes before walking away. I went to the freezer so I could quickly get myself something to drink.

"Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you, little girl!", Courtney semi-yelled.

I don't have time for any of this...

I briskly walked to the register, paid the cashier for my stuff, and ran out.

"I LOVE YOU!", I heard Courtney yell from inside.

I put my hood on before letting the tears I was holding back fall.

I walked into the motel room, hearing loud music.

Sephari was on the bed, twerking to this song she hasn't stopped playing for the last couple of days.

"Whap, whap, whap, whap, whap, whap, whap!", she yelled, shooting air guns and twerking on her Megan knees.

It took her a while to turn around. When she did, I was making eye contact with Sephari. Her eyes immediately darted to the bag that was in my hand.