Let's Forget What Just Happened

"KUSUOOOO! I heard about your little fight the other day! You're so strong, I bet you won." Aiura clung to my arm. She makes it practically impossible to walk down the hallway at school like a normal person. Besides, she watched it using her crystal ball. I don't know why she's acting like this, so I'll just ignore her.

"Saiki, a ghost told me you fought a magician yesterday--" Toritsuka came running down the hall with his hand in the air. As always. Good grief, is there ever a moment these two aren't following me around? "I told Akechi about it too."

He w h a t.

"Koo Soo WOAHHH. That kid with the bowl cut told me all about yesterday- I hope you're not hurt?" Hairo was the third to approach me. Of course Akechi told a bunch of people, I'm not surprised. I shook my head.

"Saiki, you better check this out. Did you really fight an evil villain? I'll accept it as your application to our alliance-" Kaidou began rambling as he shoved the school paper in my face. Kuboyasu wasn't far behind him.

"It's probably just a hoax. The newspaper club is known for yellow journalism, Shun."

"YEAH BUT HOW'D THEY GET THIS PICTURE???"

"Photoshop." Kuboyasu shrugged.

"A photo shop? What kind of photos do they sell?" Nendou laughed obnoxiously and snatched the paper from Kaidou. "WHOAAAA LOOK AT HOW COOL MY BEST BUDDY IS-" Kuboyasu took the paper back.

"It's fake, you MORON." Finally, a voice of reason. I can always count on him-

"BUT WHAT IF HE ACTUALLY FOUGHT DARK REUNION-" EVERYONE SHUT UP. There's too much dialogue, what's going on here?

I found my answer. Akechi was already rambling... "If you're worried about dialogue, you should consult the author. They decided to allow me to star in this chapter. To be honest with you, it just slipped out. I was talking to Hairo and I ended up telling him, even though I knew it was something you wouldn't want people to know about. Please accept my apology. I'm not sure how it ended up in the paper, but-"

Apology accepted. You can go.

"Kusuo, you're the greatest. Do people actually believe that you fought a magician like that? I was watching with Aiura, but it looked so unreal, as if it were a cartoon-" Akechi paused. I took a moment to appreciate the silence before he started up again. "Golly, I just remembered! I have somewhere to be." Yes. Leave. "But I'll stay with you for now, I've got a minute." NO.

Suddenly, everyone flocked around a certain person, and I knew exactly who it was.

"Saiki, I read the paper. I know it may not be real, but I just wanted to make sure you weren't hurt." Give me a minute, I got sparkle in my eye.

"TERUHASHI IS SO KIND."

"SHE CHECKED UP ON THIS NOBODY JUST TO MAKE SURE HE'S OKAY." Ouch?

I'm alright, nothing happened.

"That's great to hear! Give me a second." Teruhashi skipped away and entered the newspaper club room. Naturally, I followed. How else are you going to get a perspective of what's happening?

"Sorry to bother you [insert sparkles here], but I just wanted to know why you're spreading false information about Saiki? I don't think he appreciates it." She was facing away from me, but I could tell she was using her Puppy Dog Eyes.

"Oh, it's real, Teruhashi. I was there and I saw it with my own two eyes." Manako stated. She lost all credibility due to the fake bathroom incident with Teruhashi anyway. "Don't believe me?"

"I really don't✨-"

"That's fine," Manako said dismissively. "The news was already spread, and there's no way others are going to believe it didn't happen. This school is full of idiots.-"

"Like you?" Kuboyasu cracked his knuckles. Where did he-

"RUDE. IT REALLY DID HAPPEN, I'M TELLING YOU-" 

"You just sound like an idiot. Do you really believe that?" Kaidou leaned against the doorframe. "Oh, hi Saiki." I waved.

"SAYS YOU." Manako started getting defensive. This is fun to watch. "STOP GANGING UP ON ME."

"Can I get the address to this photo shop?" Nendou barged in.

"What-"

"IF TERUHASHI SAYS IT'S NOT TRUE, SHE MUST BE RIGHT." The Kokomins entered in a huge cluster. They're defending Teruhashi, not me -- but I should thank them anyway.

"Gossip isn't very nice, Manako." Akechi proceeded to state her home address. I was a little creeped out at that, but it was effective in getting her to leave. "We did it, men."

"SAIKI DIDN'T D-" Toritsuka kicked the door open. "Oh, she's gone."

Have another abrupt ending. Free of charge. Yummy.