Instruments I associate with characters

I have no good reason for this.

I think Saiki would play the clarinet. I'm not saying that just because I play the clarinet. He would play the lower tones more often, like as a bass, kind of. I think any low, woody instrument would fit him. Maybe even a double bass or cello, for the orchestra.

Kaidou plays percussion to look cool. He likes to do rudiments on the snare, but he thinks the bells aren't as cool. He probably hit Nendou with a drumstick once trying to do tricks with them.

Teruhashi would probably play a flute or piccolo, something small and dainty. She would be really good at it too, because, well, she's perfect. Also, usually the clarinets and flutes sit in the same row, but she totally didn't know that. She picked her instrument after Saiki, so he couldn't pick one that would have him sit further from her.

Nendou also plays the flute because I said so. It's just funny. He's not good at it, though. Either that, or he would play the bass drum because it's the only thing he might have a chance at. You know, he might be good at the otamatone.

Takahashi probably plays the alto sax with the quality of an uneducated fourth grader because it's unpleasant and loud, just like him.

Hairo isn't in the band. He's too busy playing tennis. He would be great at any instrument, though.

Aiura would play the trombone because it's the easiest one to play without messing up her nails. She probably likes to play it right in Saiki's face, and it's big enough that she can do it from a distance just in case. 

Akechi plays the trumpet. He's decent at it, and he likes to play Flight of the Bumblebee. Constantly. On loop. All the time. Every single day.

Chiyo plays percussion to get closer to Kaidou. She prefers the bells, so when they have to split parts, she always gets bells and Kaidou gets snare.

Toritsuka tried the viola to impress the girls in the band, and bragged about how he could read alto clef. He sucks at it and never practices. He also tried to bring a synthesizer to band once.

Kuboyasu played baritone sax, but he got kicked out of band for hitting someone over the head with it. He somehow got back in and now he plays violin. He's very emotional about it. He can feel the music in his soul.

Saiko doesn't think band is worth his time, but he looks and acts like a trumpet player.

Satou plays violin and piano. He was forced to take lessons as a kid.

Chisato attempted the clarinet, but she found out about flavored reeds and tried to eat them.

Nendou's mom plays every instrument because she is a goddess.

Saiki's dad plays sitar or slide flute.