Chapter Ten ~ Advice

When I wake up I see Clay left a note. 

Hey I went home! See you at school!

Clay <3

As I read it I smile. I set it back down and get ready for school. Obviously Clay gets up super early. Or maybe he just did today so he would have enough time to go home and get ready? Anyways I run downstairs, a smile on my face. "What's got you so happy?" Mom asks, setting the table. "Huh? Oh, nothing!" I grin. I grab some waffles and sit down at the table. After I finish eating I slip on my shoes and grab my bag. "Bye mom! See you after school!" I yell. Then I'm walking to school. I meet up with Clay and LouLou at the entrance.

"Hey!" I smile. "Hello!" Clay smiles back. LouLou rolls her eyes and we all walk into the school. We get some weird stares but nobody comments on it. LouLou waves goodbye and me and Clay keep walking to our class. Once we reach the classroom we sit down and, unfortunately, Mason and Ben walk over to them. "How are you and your boyfriend?" Mason laughs. At least he didn't misgender me this time? "Shut it, Mason. Go back and talk to your boyfriend." Mason's jaw drops and I laugh so hard I cry. "He is not my boyfriend! I'm not a faggot, like you!" He screams before stomping off. "Don't be so defensive!" I call after him. Me and Clay laugh at this.

After class we have a little free time so I turn to Clay, who's playing games on his phone.

"Hey!" I beam. Clay looks up. "Hello!" He grins. Before we could say anything else the bell rings. We pack up our things and head for the door. I think for a moment before staying behind. "I'll see you at lunch!" I say, Clay nods. I look over to Ms. B's desk before walking over to her. "I need your help with something!" I mumble, fiddling with my fingers. "What is it?" She asks, smiling. "Well... I like this guy! But I don't know how to tell him! I don't even know if I want to tell him. But I feel like he deserves to know." I say. Ms. B thinks for a moment before responding. "If you really like this guy... I think you should be honest with him! Just straight up tell him how you feel. Maybe, if you want to spice it up, make it romantic." She smiles. "Thank you! I really appreciate it!" I smile and leave the classroom. Just be honest... Tell him how I feel... I run to my next class, not wanting to be late.

I meet up with LouLou and we head to the lunchroom. We spot Tobi and Clay and walk up to them. I can hear whispers but I ignore them. "Hey!" I grin, setting down my stuff. "Hello!" Clay smiles at me as I'm sitting down. LouLou rolls her eyes and sits down next to Tobi. "So how are you?" She asks him. "I'm doing pretty good. My boyfriends and I are going on a date tonight." He smiles. LouLou raises an eyebrow. "Boyfriends? As in multiple?" She asks. "Yep. I have two boyfriends." He replies, nonchalantly. LouLou nods. "Cool." Is all she says. I pull out my phone and begin texting RM. 

RM

how do i tell clay i like
him?

um idk

just be honest with him

or smth

i'm not good at this sorta thing

can you try and help me?

i'm dying here

okay okay

if youre too scared to tell
him face to face...

write him a letter

yeah that would be cute

tell him all of your feelings

that's not a terrible idea
thank you!

np

bye

bye!

I set my phone on the table and continue talking with the others.

~ ~ ~

After school I ask LouLou if I can come over to her house. She says yes, of course. We say goodbye to Clay and Tobi and begin our walk to her house. Once we're in her room I sit on her bed. "So RM said it would be a good idea to confess using a love letter. What do you think?" I ask, wondering what she'll say. "Wait a minute. You're thinking about confessing to Clay?!" LouLou screeches. I laugh and nod. "What are your thoughts?" I ask. "YES! DO IT!" LouLou screams. "KEEP IT DOWN HUN!" Sarah yells up the stairs. LouLou winces and then we laugh. "So what about the love letter?" LouLou nods vigorously. I smile. It's decided. I'm going to confess to Clay using a love letter.