Chapter 7

Jace

I look at Clary and I can read her expression. And she's really stupid for thinking that she is just going to give herself up like that.

"Don't you even think about it, idiot." I say. 

Her sparkling emerald eyes look up into mine with confusion and persistence.

"But, Jace-"

"Don't even think about it, Clarissa Fairchild. There is no way you are giving yourself up to them. Not while I'm still alive." I interrupt her. I can't believe she is so stupid to think such a thing. 

"But Valentine is powerful. I-"

"Wait, are you judging my masculinity?" I raise a brow. 

"What masculinity?" She smiles. I can tell she's joking, but it hurt me a little. Just a smidgen. 

"That hurt. But seriously, don't think about giving yourself up. If you give yourself up, then that gives Valentine power. And we don't want that and I know you don't either." I say. 

"But he'll hurt all of you." I can hear the sadness in her voice. 

"I don't care. You are here so we can protect you." She looks unsure of it but nods. "I'm here for you." I pull her into a hug. 

"I need to take a shower, I will be right back." She lets go and turns around. "Oh, and, Jace?" She turns back around.

"Yeah." She throws a knife near my head and it misses by a centimeter.

"Never. Call me Clarissa again or else next time, it won't be the wall." She heads for the shower, leaving me speechless. Just one question. . .

Who gave her the knife?

*********************(Time Lapse)***************************

"Well, Clary, I got to go." I start to head for the door. I turn around for one last peek and I see Clary already asleep. I am in awe at the sight. I turn off the lights and I open and close the door silently. 

Clary

I'm surrounded by darkness.  I can barely see anything.

"Clary?" That voice sounds familiar. 

"Clary." I turn around and I see Jace.

"Jace." I breathe. He runs up to me and engulfs me in a hug. I pull my head back and I do the unexpected.

I kiss him. . . So unexpected, right?

But then, I feel something in my hands. 

A knife. Covered. In. Blood. 

I look down and I see my mother on the ground in front of me. But I didn't kill her. Valentine did. 

"You're a monster!" I hear a group of people yell. And a very distinctive voice. Jace.

I see Valentine step out from the crowd. 

"To love is to destroy and to be loved is to be the one destroyed, Clarissa." He says.

I burst awake with tears in my eyes. 

"Mom." I say with a squeak in a whisper. I get up out of bed and I head to Jace's room. I knock softly on the door and when he doesn't answer. I carefully open the door.

"Jace?" I whisper. I walk closer to his bed. "Jace?" 

"Mph?"

"It's me, Clary. I-" Jace looks up into my face with his hair in his face. His face definitely tells me that he was having a good sleep. I feel bad now. "I'm sorry, I can tell you were sleeping well-"

"It's fine, Clary. Did you have a bad dream?" He asks. I nod my head as I look away. I can hear the bed rustle and I turn my head to face him. He made room for me and his whole entire body is facing me. I get in bed with him. He puts an arm around my waist and pulls me to him.  "It's okay. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. You can sleep now. It's okay."

 He puts his face in the crook of my neck. My heart starts to beat really fast and heat raises to me cheeks. Why does he make me feel this way? It makes no sense! But. . . his company. . . is so. . . relaxing. I- I like i- No- I love it. Am I falling for Jace? My eyes start to fall heavily and I fall asleep. The last thing ,before I breath in Jace's intoxicatingly beautiful scent of  lemon and mint, is that:

To love, is to destroy. And to be loved is the one to be destroyed

Hey guys! I'm back. Sorry for the sssuuuuuuuppppppppperrrrrrrrrrrrr long wait. I have been really busy. I hope this chapter is long enough to satisfy y'alls hunger. Becauuuseeee, I smell something in the air.

It's Clace.

Can you say 'Delicious??' or what??? Any ways, thanks for the huge amounts of support and I love all of y'all. I have put most of the cast for the TV series Shadowhunters which is coming out in 2016!!! As if y'all didn't know that. Anyways, thanks!

~V

P.S. TQOTD  (Triple Question of The Day . . . I made it up)

Are y'all excited for the TV series???

Do y'all like the celebrities who are playing them???

If you do not like the celebrities, then who would you have picked??? (And I know some of you were expecting Molly Quinn for Clary since she knew Cassandra Clare

Me: Yes. Yes. And I actually like the characters.