Chapter 3: Clary

"Jace." I whisper. "What are you doing here?" 

"I came to see if you're alright." His face softens. "You've been crying."

"I know.  My mom died and I am crying for her. What do you expect?" I snap. Jace takes a step forward. "I'm sorry. I just- I can't believe my mom died. She is-was my best friend. She and Luke would always tell me bed time stories before I went to sleep and they would always care for me and. . ." I break down into sobs and Jace puts his arm around me. 

"It's okay, Clary. I'm here." I cry into his chest for what feels like hours. But here, it feels strange. It feels as if my mom didn't die. That what happened with Valentine didn't happen. And it's all because of this boy. He makes me feel safe. 

"Jace, I'm sorry for crying on you-"

"Don't apologize, Clary. It's okay for you to cry. And so you know, I am here for you. I will be your family. The Lightwoods will be your family."

"Jace, stop-"

"Why? It's true. We-"

"I mean stop before you make me cry again." I giggle. 

"There."

"What?"

"There's that smile. That adorable giggle. You know, your eyes get brighter when your happy. It's very stunning." Jace smiles. My hair hides my face where I am blushing. "Come on. Don't hide that adorable face from me." He smiles.

"Shut up." I joke. He grabs my hand and leads me out. That's when I get a searing pain in my head. "Ow!" I rest my hand against my forehead.

"What's wrong?"

"My head. . . .is. . . . hurting really badly." I grunt. Jace picks me up and leads me to the infirmary. 

"Clary, lay down." He says.

"I'm fine. It's just a little head. . ." I trail off as I am engulfed in darkness.

Hey guys! I finally updated! Sorry it is so short though. But at least I updated. We tried on dresses for Concert Choir today and they're ugly! The chest part is black and velvety and the sleeves end at my biceps. and from the chest down, it is gray. And the shoes are plain black and like an inch or two high. I mean, I like black. It's my favorite color. But it just don't look right. Anyways, I hope you like this chapter. You know what to do! Read, vote, comment, recommend, and see y'all next time!