9 - Tying Up Loose Ends

Over the next 2 weeks, Quackity begins to heal more, under the close watch of Nihachu, and sometimes Fundy, when Nikki is away getting herbs and healing supplies. Tubbo continues to dig into Tommy's murder, no longer sure that it was Techno's fault. Dream continues to hide, oblivious to Tommy's survival. Ghostbur continues to heal Tommy, the final step being binding Tommy's eyes and forehead, as the skin is weaker there, and his eyes need to be protected at all times. Techno trains Tommy, teaching him how to use his other senses, how to tell your opponent's next move in battle, purely off of sound. Philza is collecting resources for something huge, but only Techno knows what it truly is.

8 weeks after Techno's execution...

Tubbo has given up on the Tommy case, for now. He has decided to try and move on for now, and if he gets more information, he will continue the case. He has decided to govern L'manburg as its president, not go off to exact revenge. Quackity had finally woken up, and was now doing much better. Fundy had been assigned to the Tommy case, but he too had moved on, so the Tommy case had been put on hold altogether. Tubbo had been cleaning Philza's house after Quackity had trashed it during the search. It seemed like ages ago now.

There came a call from outside. Tubbo dropped what he was holding and went outside to see what was going on. On the stage, there were three men, all cloaked, one masked. One of them was Technoblade, and though it looked like they had desired stealth, Techno was doing nothing to hide himself. The second figure was also obvious. It was Philza, and his wings were giving it away. The third figure was unknown, but he was holding a knife to the throat of Ranboo! Tubbo walked onto the stage to greet the three of them.

I am just going to get straight to the point. Why have you taken Ranboo hostage?" Tubbo asked, fingering the hilt of his sword.

"Simple. We want my armor back," Technoblade said. Tubbo was inclined to listen, and also ready to make the trade.

"Is that all?" Tubbo asked. Phil looked to the masked man, who nodded.

"You need to not pursue into Tommyinnit's death. You will find out what happened in due time," Phil said, and Tubbo was surprised! This request was one that Tubbo had to think about. But only for a second, before he agreed. Ranboo was released, Fundy was called to retrieve the armor, and the three men left on their way.

"Do you know who the masked one was?" Tubbo asked, but Ranboo had no answer for him.

"Until we find out who the masked one is, we have to assume that someone here is a traitor. Keep your eyes peeled," Tubbo said. He stood there, watching the sun rise, before ducking back into Philza's house to finish the job, a lot more on his mind than before.