11 - Memories

A/N Mentally ill and also kinda bored, have two chapters back to back. Stay hydrated and happy guys

During one such day, Tommy was thinking about L'manburg, and what would happen to all of his friends if they really did blow it up. He decided to go back, just to be there one last time. And so, with staff in hand, he left a note for Philza and walked off to the nether portal.

It took him a while, but he eventually made it through the public nether portal in the Greater Dream SMP. He made his way along the prime path. This was one of the most used paths, but thankfully, it was the middle of the night, so no one would see him.

Walking down the prime path, he finally made it to his own property, which had not been changed. He felt the walls, and remembered the memories he had here.

Hunkering down in the Embassy to fight alongside his brothers and comrades of the early L'manburg. Wilbur, before he had become Ghostbur, Eret, Fundy, and Tubbo. Sweet Tubbo. Before he gained all of his power. Before he had exiled Tommy.

Grabbing one of his old, red bandanas, he tied it under his hood, and left the home in the hill. Walking along the bridge, Tommy finds himself at a view which he knows well. Not being able to see it, he tried to remember what it looked like.

Tommy began walking down the steps, staff in hand, and stood at the bottom of the stairs. The cold night wind blew, and Tommy threw down his hood, letting the wind rush around his face. He began walking again, meandering through L'manburg and the Greater Dream SMP.
Tommy soon found himself in front of Nihachu's bakery. The smell was entrancing, and so, Tommy found himself sneaking into the bakery. Unfortunately, Nikki was awake. She was up doing some late-night baking, and talking to Eret, who had been helping, when they heard the door to the bakery open. Eret and Nikki both looked at each other, and drew their swords. This late, anyone could have walked through the door, not just a customer. Tommy, who had heard the metal against metal, stood ready and listening. Nikki rounds the corner to see a figure like Tommy's standing in the moonlight. Eret follows, and drops his sword in disbelief.

"Who is there?" he asks, and Nikki's thoughts are confirmed.

"Tommy?!" she cries, and Tommy, just as surprised, relaxes.

"Hi Nikki," he says, and Eret is still standing shocked. Nikki slowly approaches, and after a moment, she reaches up and removes Tommy's bandages. He does not resist, and both Eret and Nikki gasp. Tommy's eyes have faded more, but his bruises, cuts and burns have healed into pale sections on his face.

"Tommy, what happened?" Eret asks, and Tommy looks up.

"Hey Eret," he responds. Nikki slowly pulls Tommy towards a seat, and he sits. The two sit around the table, and the three talk. Tommy about what happened, and Nikki and Eret fill him in on what he missed. Tommy doesn't reveal who did this to him, or what Technoblade plans to do.

A half an hour after Tommy first entered the bakery, a crow swoops in the window, no note in hand. Instead, there is a potion cork in its beak. Nikki and Eret look to each other in confusion, but do nothing about it. Tommy tells them that he must leave, and that they cannot tell anyone about his survival. Both are against it, but he insists, so Nikki gives him new bandages, and the two of them escort him back to the nether portal. Eret tries to get him to reconsider the secrecy, but Tommy is adamant, saying that he will tell them in his own time.

With tears from Nikki, the three say goodbye, and Tommy enters the nether, where he is met by Philza.

"Don't say anything to Techno," Tommy says, falling into step beside Philza.

"I won't, but you can't keep doing this. If you want your secrecy, you can't keep going back there. Especially after tomorrow. Like you said to Techno, once this happens, there will be no going back," Philza says, leading the two of them back to the nether portal.

"I will go, and stand by you. And, I will reveal myself tomorrow, especially to Dream. This is not going to end well if I don't tell Dream first," Tommy said. Philza nodded, and then walked through the portal, and Tommy followed.

When they made it back to the house, Tommy pulled his hood up and his cloak close around himself as he stood in the snow, ready to guard. Philza went back inside, removing the rest of his items from his bag.

Techno came home a few minutes later, and called Tommy inside.

"Tomorrow is the day. This is going to be the best day ever. The day L'manburg fell," Techno said, and Tommy was surprised with himself when he had the thought, they will never know what hit them.