Chapter 12

2 months later
Imani

We're walking to school. Gonna get our results. I'm so fucking anxious. Everything depends on these grades. Our future depends on these grades. Getting out of the ghetto depends on these grades.

Jamal only uses one walking stick now, like an old man. And he hates how much I make fun of him for it. But I can't help it.

***

We're sitting on a bench outside the exam hall, Dion and Shantel are sitting together nearby. I open the letter in nervous anticipation and Jamal watches me with a smile.

Maths A*
Further Maths A
Physics A
Biology A*

I'm so happy I could cry. Jamal kisses me and hugs me and congratulates me. He opens his letter, he got a B in his subject, but he seems completely satisfied with it.

We walk home, his arm is swung around my shoulder and mine around his back, he holds his walking stick and pretends that he can walk just fine. He's too stubborn. I can see him limping.

We're going to a party tonight at Shantel's that she's throwing, I have to go early to help her get it ready and Jamal said he'll come a bit later when it's gettin started.

***

Jamal lies on my bed, watching tv and answering all his clients, as I get dressed.

I'm wearing a black, midi, bodycon dress.

Jamal looks away from his phone and glances at me as I pull the dress down over my ass, he chuckles and I look over at him. "What?"

He just smiles and doesn't say a word.

"What?" I repeat.

"Your ass has grown."

"Yeah?" I say and look at it in the mirror.

"Yeah, fuck, I'm supposed to be getting business done but how can I when you look like that."

I laugh at his compliment and walk towards him as he lies on the bed. He puts his phone down quickly and puts his arms around my waist. I hold onto his face and sit on top of him, I can already feel his boner shoving it's way onto my underwear.

I kiss him on the lips and on the neck. "Fuck me..." he whispers and I look at him and smile. But on realising I have to go in like five minutes, I get back up.

"If only you said that a hour ago."

His jaw drops, he looks genuinely annoyed. It's funny. "Nah...Rafa, you bein serious?"

"Sorry." I mutter and he rolls his eyes and then gets up. He walks towards me and brings me into him, he always smells amazing. "Don't be sorry, I was joking," he says, yeah right, he just doesn't wanna hurt my feelings "just be prepared for the hardest fuck of your life tonight."

"I'm sleeping over at Shantel's, remember?"

He looks even more frustrated and it's amusing. I kiss him and reassure him before leaving and heading to Shantel's house.