-Late Night Talks-

Jihoon left an effect on Junkyu. Just two meets and some texts exchanged, Junkyu became more confident, outgoing and brave. He started sharing stories with Jihoon he never told anyone other than his close friends. Jihoon was a mystery to him, he still considered the other as someone reliable, trustworthy.

He craved seeing Jihoon again, because face to face talk was better than anything. He liked to observe how Jihoon's eyes disappeared once he smiled. He loved to hear the unique, melodic voice of Jihoon. He waited for the other to set another date for them to meet. Jihoon's approach wasn't a one time treat, right? They should talk again, that's what Junkyu believed.

Several weeks passed, Jihoon didn't ask to meet him again. They did talk everyday, and Junkyu thought they were close, but Jihoon didn't wanna meet him. It hurt him. Jihoon's texting too, became random. He'd send good morning texts at 5 am one day, then at 11am the other day. He would start midnight conversations, would disappear for the next three nights. Junkyu didn't get it. While asked, Jihoon said he was busy with school work. Were all music students this busy?

Junkyu's will to meet Jihoon was strong, so strong that he decided to step out of his comfort zone. He calculated the possible dates for Jihoon to be free, and matched his own too. Then, with trembling heart, asked the elder to meet him.

It was a very bold step for someone as unsocial as Junkyu. He waited desperately. Every minute, he'd check his phone, because he wasn't sure when Jihoon would answer.

Late at night, Junkyu's phone buzzed. Jihoon called him.

"Hey, Junkyu?"

Junkyu clutched the phone tight in his hand, "Yeah?"

"I just saw your text. Is anything wrong?"

"Wrong?" Junkyu gulped nervously, "N-No. Nothing's wrong."

"Oh, that's a relief. I thought it was something serious." The sound of Jihoon's chuckles was heard, "So, what do you wanna see me for?"

Junkyu scratched the fabric of his bedsheet, Jihoon's questions were making him nervous, "Ah... No reason. I just- we should talk, right?"

"Yeah?" Jihoon laughed again.

"I just wanted to see you." Junkyu said. Jihoon took a moment to answer, "Oh! I see." The line suddenly went silent, then a somewhat disappointed Jihoon started speaking, "I have a schedule that day."

"What schedule?" Junkyu was evidently annoyed. It was his first time asking Jihoon, gathering so much courage, spending so much of his valuable time behind it. Jihoon just declined him, just like that.

"Junkyu, I'm really sorry. I do wanna meet you, you know? I'll tell you as soon as I'm free, hm?"

Jihoon's apologetic words didn't comfort Junkyu. He felt betrayed. And deceived too. Why was Jihoon always busy?? What was he doing?

Junkyu cut the call shortly after. His cheeks were red from anger. His eyes narrowed. He wished he never took an approach! That would spare him of the pain of rejection.

Junkyu's annoyance reached the way he texted too. His replies to Jihoon were short, of no impact at all. He didn't know why it bothered him so much! Like it was just Jihoon. Not more than a stranger to him. Why one small denial from him affected Junkyu that bad? Jihoon wasn't bound to spend time with Junkyu anyway. Or was he?

Jihoon's action kinda answered that.

Some days later, at around 11 pm at night, Junkyu's phone buzzed. He was studying with his phone charged, he stood up from his seat to go receive the call.