-Strangers Again-

When Junkyu didn't answer for the third time on a row, Jihoon became worried. He sent a text to Junkyu around evening. Even after midnight, Junkyu didn't reply. Worried on the other side, Jihoon called him. Once, twice, thrice. No answer.

Junkyu did see the text, got the calls as well. He wasn't trying to ignore Jihoon, the will just wasn't there. He stared lifelessly at Jihoon's 'My assignment's done, Kyu! Let's hang out' text. The context was a fat lie. He was dumb for finding out this late.

The calls didn't ring a bell in Junkyu. Jihoon's voice was something he craved to hear. He never knew, millions of people knew and worshipped the same voice. Because Jihoon didn't tell him. Jihoon was at fault, yes. Jihoon was the bad guy, the sole reason behind the deception. Jihoon was the one to pay.

Why did it hurt Junkyu then?? Every moment the phone rang, his heart burned. He wanted to pick up, but he knew he'd just scream. It's better thinking things through before than being terribly hurt afterwards. Just like he had been.

Jihoon kept calling him. At one point, out of irritation, Junkyu picked up.

"What?" He said rather aggressively.

"Junkyu? Where have you been?" Jihoon asked, concerned.

Junkyu composed himself. 'Calm down.' He took a huge intake of breath. "What do you want?" He asked, in a low but intimidating tone.

Jihoon chuckled on the other side, "Just checking on you. What are you doing?"

Jihoon was trying to do some small talks. Obviously he wasn't aware that Junkyu already knew. How was he laughing though? Wasn't he ashamed at all?

"Why did you lie, Jihoon ah?" Junkyu suddenly said. Jihoon took a pause on the other side. "Eh? Who lied?"

Junkyu laughed bitterly. The subsided rage captured him again. With a grim tone, he said, "You're so good at pretending, Ji. Congratulations. You have successfully deceived me."

He was shaking from rage. He could hear Jihoon's flustered breathing through the phone. That guy was probably thinking of excuses. Junkyu was in no mood to listen to them. So, he cut the call. Hung up on Jihoon who was trying to say something. Naturally, seconds later, Jihoon called again.

Junkyu declined. He knew Jihoon would bother him again. So, he blocked the very number. Although it gave him momentary peace, deep inside, he felt like something had broken between him and Jihoon. The budding friendship maybe. Or maybe the tiny hope of a growing romance.

Junkyu threw his phone lightly on the bed. His head ached, from thinking so hard. Right after returning, he had been watching Jihoon's videos- the songs, MVs, shows and interviews. Jihoon was popular. Very popular. How was he dumb enough to trust him? Jihoon was always acting suspicious. He could have looked through the issue, not blindingly following whatever crap Jihoon fed him with.

He was angry. Frustrated. Disheartened. More on his own self than Jihoon. He was the dumbass here.

Thinking strained him. He was lightly falling asleep, but a ring of the bell woke him up. He sat up immediately.

'Who can this be?'

Junkyu opened the door and looked through the gap. His jaw tightened almost immediately.

It was Jihoon. Biting his lips in worry.

"Hey. You didn't tell me what you meant."

Seeing him all over again, with his fresh skin barely seen under the huge black mask, and those lying eyes, Junkyu felt like shit. "Bold of you to show me your face again. How could you think I'll let you in after you lied like that?"