Chapter 2: Thank You For Your Generosity, Old Scum

"Looks like the patient is waking up, Doctor," a brunette woman said.

"Ah, thank you, Nurse Daisy," the short, pudgy-looking doctor replied."

Black stared at his surroundings. He was asleep in a hospital? For mortals? Rage fueled his mind but he couldn't help but notice how different his power felt. Nevertheless, mortal life was mortal life, regardless of where he was.

Everything in the room flew with great force, knocking the middle-aged doctor off the floor. Before he could get back onto his feet, Black pinned him on a wall and interrogated him.

"ANSWER ME WELL NOW, MORTAL," Black yelled. "WHERE AM I?"

"Y-you are i-in uh, Central Hospital, sir," the poor doctor yelped. The patient was in quite a bad state when he was found so perhaps this was just normal.

Black did not like this answer and punched the doctor. It was a hard punch, clearly, but not to the effect he had hoped.

"AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BODY," Black further pressed.

"W-well, we found your body in a forest in terrible shape," the doctor answered. "We restored your body to, uh, a better state of health."

Black threw the doctor to the bed, getting his usual robes that were left nearby.

"Hmph, as a reward, I'll spare you for now, mortal," Black decreed. "Just know that I allow you to run."

With superhuman speed, Black changed from his scrubs to his usual robes. A shame that mortals had to touch my divine clothes and body. But there is clearly something off about me so I suppose I'll treat this as a sign of them knowing to bow before those superior to them.

Putting on his signature time ring and Potara, Black stormed out of the hospital with impeccable speed and onto the streets. Passersby were in awe of this man who could seemingly go on par with their greatest hero, even more so when Black started flying away.

What's going on? Black wondered, confused at the sudden limits his body had. Why is everything about me so weak all of the sudden?

Although his power was comparatively impressive compared to the planet's inhabitants, it was a far cry from his usual might. By sensing energy around him, he could deduce that everyone was clearly significantly weaker than he, Goku, and Vegeta are. While it was still slightly more than the humans in his universe, the energy around him was practically negligible, so he wasn't too concerned that someone could even make a dent on him.

The Saiyan landed on the side of a road with a sign next to it saying "Musutafu." Although he would have loved to destroy the town on spot, his intuition on his sudden power limits told him otherwise.

Walking around the town, Black felt increasingly repulsed at the mortal infrastructure. There was an odd glorification of people in weird costumes, such as a muscular blonde man in red, white, and blue, a girl with rabbit ears, and an angry-looking fire person. As if the Earth in his universe wasn't ugly enough, somehow this universe's Earth completely upped the ante. There were humans with cacti for heads, some with long necks, others with asymmetrical body parts, and much more. This would be a good enough reason for the Gods of Destruction to destroy a world.

Black walked into a cozy little tea shop. If there was anything that the damned Son Goku did that was good, it was to introduce him and Gowasu to some green tea.

"Hi, welcome to Musutafu Tea Shop," a furry rabbit-looking woman greeted. "How can we help you today?"

Black grunted and didn't even look, leaving her hanging awkwardly for a short moment. He grabbed a jar of tea leaves and inspected them.