Chapter 9: Such Uncouth Mortals...!

The ride from the USJ to the police station took about an hour, passing by Musutafu in the sunset. Black was sitting in the passenger seat of a police car with the cat officer as the driver and Tsukauchi next to his coworker. Although these two stood no fighting chance even if they managed a fusion via the Potara, the Saiyan knew full well that he couldn't use brute force to tear his way out of this situation yet. Even though his powers have returned to planetary levels of destruction, knowing how limited mortal life in this universe is, he still needed Earth's inhabitants to regain his power. Although none of these quirks could beat Black in a head-on fight, miscellaneous abilities such as Momo Yaoyorozu's could prove to be quite a bother. Understanding the broad range of quirks possible, Black guessed that the detective must have a sort of 'lie detector' quirk.

When they got to the station, Black followed the police officers into the building, where he was placed into a well lit room with lightly colored walls and a blue table. The Saiyan sat on one side and the detective and cat officer sat in front of him.

"Thank you for meeting with us on such short notice," Tsukauchi said. "This officer besides me is Sansa Tamakawa, who informed me that he has had a history with you prior to the USJ. He will be taking notes and assisting me with this interview."

Black looked back, stern but blank. This interview could prove to be the end of Project Zero Mortals if he wasn't careful.

"So tell us, Goku," the detective began to say. "As our information has it, you are currently employed by Hopper's Cafe in East Naruhata. Why did you make your way towards Musutafu so suddenly while on your job?"

An interview? Black thought, having mixed feelings about the way this was being conducted. No, this is an interrogation! This seems to be a very generic question so I think I can tell the truth pretty comfortably.

"I was on my job doing some deliveries when I saw that Shota Aizawa wanted his desserts to be delivered," Black said. "I aim to perform my tasks to perfection so I always deliver as promptly as I can."

The detective seemed to be neutral at this answer as nothing in Black's speech indicated something false.

"That is good," Officer Sansa said. "However, Midnight, the woman you were talking to before going to the USJ, informed us that you were going to wait instead of directly going to the USJ itself. What is your rationale for the change of mind?"

Black took a moment to think and tried to choose his words very carefully. The full truth would make him seem like a power-hungry brute, which could cause some problems. He would have to say something ambiguous but still technically true.

"I wanted to see Aizawa," Black explained. "Talking to him when he visited Hopper's a few weeks back made an impression on me, so I went a bit overboard, although I did not know the grave state he and his class were in. I do take great pride in my work." He said the last sentence with an especially fiery conviction.

The officers continued taking notes with the detective looking a bit puzzled but unable to find any real fault in the Saiyan's words.

"Alright," Tsukauchi said. "We can take this as fact for now. However, UA High is very well guarded, USJ included. Although there is indisputable evidence to suggest that you helped class 1-A out of their predicament, how were you able to infiltrate the facility in the first place? Aizawa informed us that you can warp as well."

The Saiyan remembered what the cat officer said about quirk use a while back. How could I forget that quirk usage for non-heroes is actually a problem here? Granted, his powers do not classify as a quirk but it would be an extreme discussion that could bring about the end of Project Zero Mortals just from incarceration.