Chapter 3: Laughter is the Best Medicine!

The saiyan walked around Musutafu, clutching his tea supplies in hand. Thoughts were swarming his head about his encounter with the villains, police force, and the girl.

So a society where everyone is superhuman, huh, Black thought. These mortals may prove to be more of a challenge than I had thought.

Black shook his head, feeling conflicted at this sign of mercy he showed to mortal life.

Perhaps I can start off with other worlds; there shouldn't be much to stop me anyway.

Placing two fingers on his forehead, he scoured across the universe, searching for any signs of life beyond this version of Earth he was on. Concentrating hard, Black's eyes widened with disbelief.

"Impossible! Not only is this the only planet with any mortal life, but the gods are non-existent too??" Black yelled out loud, attracting the attention of nearby people. Realizing his blunder, Black cleared his throat.

"Apologies, minor headache," he lied.

The public didn't quite seem to buy into this lie but they didn't seem to care enough to stop the Saiyan from doing whatever he was doing.

This is problematic, Black thought. It seems that while I have a divine body with limitless power, my power is restricted to barely even a fraction of my original strength. If I want Project Zero Mortals to prevail, I will have to do the unthinkable.

Black continued to walk and found himself in front of the Musutafu Public Library. Don't mortals in Trunks's timeline use these for knowledge?

He ventured in, keeping his usual scowl to mortal kind. It was an average-looking library of a small town with neatly sorted books on bookshelves. Finding books about quirk biology, world history, and astronomy, Black sought to learn everything about this new, strange universe. Finding an empty table to sit at close to back of the room, Black read each of these books vigorously. Thanks to his studies during his time as a Kai, these books were trivial but offered many answers he needed. Although he now had a much better understanding of quirks, superhuman history, and the new universe, his mind hungered for more information.

Conveniently for him, he saw a staircase leading up to the computer lab just a few feet to his left.

Those machines seem to be popular to mortal kind, Black thought, remembering the blasphemous time machine used to thwart him multiple times. He walked up, found an empty seat and sat in front of a blank screen.

"Alright, turn ON!" Black ordered, realizing his lack of understanding for mortal technology. This clearly did not work and garnered a few snickers from people around him. Holding in his rage, Black slammed his fist onto the table, irritated at being subject to mockery.

"Is everything alright?" a tall, toned man with blonde hair asked.

"I don't understand why this damn thing won't WORK!" Black responded, even more irritated.

"Ah, don't worry about it, here, let me help you out," the man offered.

The man helped the Saiyan turn on the computer with ease. Black was sure to watch his every move, remembering how to do it himself.

"Alright, thanks," Black said. "Now what?"

"Sir, have you ever used a computer before?" the man asked. Although he was still very willing to help, he couldn't believe that there were still people completely unaware of how to use these machines.

"A what now?"

Ah, Togata, this is gonna be a long one. The man smiled and started to explain.