Chapter 4: Appetizers Before the Main Course

The sun rose for the first time in Goku Black's misanthropic reality displacement. Still feeling groggy, the Saiyan woke up from his slumber. He had completely failed to consider his shelter situation as he was accustomed to the wooden cabin he and Zamasu had. The cave and haystack he found in the training woods overnight were not the worst things in the world but his situation could be much better. To make matters worse, his exquisite robes were all dirtied up! Annoyed, Black detonated the cave and flew up towards the newly lit blue skies. At least he still had his tea, even if the tea set was a bit filthy.

The situation was becoming dire for Project Zero Mortals. Having to rediscover all his locked powers was already an arduous task on its own but Black completely failed to consider one of a Saiyan's most valuable commodities: rest. Black then closed his eyes, looking for answers to his new pseudo-mortal life.

Come to think of it, it's impossible for Goku and Vegeta to fight at all times, Black thought. The Saiyan body, with as much power it contained, still had anatomical limits. Vegeta, being married into the wealthiest family on Earth had no need to worry about a quality place to stay. For Goku, as Black understood, still had a cozy place where he was comfortable with his wife and child. Much like how this body craves for battle, it craves for proper care and maintenance as well, the Saiyan deduced.

Black opened his eyes, with a much better focus and understanding. Getting a place to rest would lead to more opportunities to get power, power that will be used to fuel Project Zero Mortals. This reasoning seemed logical enough to quell some of the Saiyan's frustrations. But where would he even get a home? There were definitely not enough trees and resources to reconstruct the cabin he was used to. He was going to have to revisit the library again.

Remembering to get his tea, Black exercised his telekinetic powers to retrieve them, satisfied he could still pull it off even if it was not as easy as before. Placing two fingers on his forehead, Black found the same alleyway he used to leave the town yesterday. In less than a moment, Black arrived just as expected and made his way to the library once more.

Making his way to the computer lab, the Saiyan turned on the computer like how that 'Mirio' did. Fortunately this time, there would be no mortal making horrible jokes next to him. Opening the browser, he searched for 'How to get a home?'

To his surprise, he found that the process was significantly more challenging than he anticipated. There were thousands of websites telling him about the process, all of which had very different details. As if that wasn't enough, even the cheapest apartment was significantly higher than the 4600 yen green tea he had, which he thought was already expensive.

"Now how do I earn MONEY," Black demanded, slamming his fist to the computer table again. Once again, there was laughter adjacent to him.

"Mama, why does he not know how to earn money?" a small child nearby asked, pointing his finger at the Saiyan. "Does he not have a job?"

"I don't know but look at him," his mother began to explain. "Looking at how he acts and how tattered his clothes are, he clearly did not make the most of himself in life. If you study hard, you won't end up like him."

Black stared at the two in furious disbelief, even though the two had no idea of his thoughts. To be seen so lowly by mortals! The Saiyan had never seen such a blasphemous attack against him before, not even when he first saw Super Saiyan Blue Goku on Godtube. Blood boiling, Black stared at his computer screen again, remembering his overarching plans for Project Zero Mortals.

The boy said something about 'jobs,' Black reflected. Those did seem to be things that people in his old universe had. Making another search, Black began his job hunt.