Chapter 20

Prom night was fast approaching and the one thing on everyone's mind was, "who am I going to prom with?"  Finn has been trying to catch Rachel when she's all by herself so that he could ask her to prom.  Quinn has other ideas.  She hasn't left Rachel alone with Finn for more than a minute.  As much as Quinn wanted to win Prom Queen, she wanted to go to prom with Rachel even more, even if it meant not winning Queen.

Quinn approaches Rachel who is sitting at the piano in the choir room.  She sits down next to her and kisses her cheek.  As Quinn pulls back, Rachel turns her head and connects their lips briefly.  "Will you go to prom with me?" Quinn pulls back shocked.  "I was just about to ask you that question."  Rachel chuckles a little, "Looks like I beat you to it.  So... what do you say?"  Quinn responds by reconnecting their lips in a kiss.  "Yes!  Of course, I'll go with you." Quinn responds with another peck to Rachel's lips.

"Just one question.  Are we going as friends or is this a date?" Quinn asks.  Rachel shrugs and says, "It's whatever you want it to be Quinn."  The bell rang and the two walk out of the room towards their first period class.

Later that day in Glee, Finn sings to Rachel and ends up asking her to prom.  "Come on Rach, I'll make prom night the best night of your life." Finn says with his patented smirk on his face.  "Sorry Finn, but I'm going to prom with friends.  I appreciate the thought with the song, but my answer has to be no." Rachel tells him.  "What you're going with the slut squad?"  Santana stands up ready to launch at the tall boy, but is held back by Puck, so she resorts to yelling at Finn in spanish.

"Finn, you need to leave." Finn looks at Mr. Shue stunned and amazed.  "But Mr. Shue..."  "No Finn.  You were completely out of line there.  Leave, and think of how you will improve yourself for tomorrow."  Finn grabs his bookbag and storms out of the choir room.

Prom Night

Quinn and Rachel walk into the auditorium and make their way to the dance floor.  The two start dancing along to Brittany and Sam singing.  The two make their way over to the punch bowl which is  being guarded by Sue Sylvester.  "Anyone tried to spike the punch yet coach?" Quinn asked with a slight smirk on her face.  "Not yet.  But I know someone will.  I just have to wait and watch." Sue says.  Quinn and Rachel both grab a cup of punch and make their way to a table where Santana sits alone.

"You two seem happy." Santana says.  "The night is great right now San." Quinn responds.  Rachel gets up and makes her way behind the stage to get ready for her solo.  "Are you okay?" Quinn asks her friend.  Santana shrugs, "Brit came up to me begging for my forgiveness.  She still doesn't realize that she hurt me by outing me to my parents."  "Don't dwell on it San, it's not healthy." Quinn tells her.  Santana smirks, "I have a distraction.  Finn keeps eyeing the two of you.  He tries anything, Puck and I are gonna kick his ass."  

Rachel sings Jar of Hearts and keeps eye contact with Quinn the entire time.  Quinn wants nothing more than to jump up on the stage and kiss her.  She spots Finn out of the corner of her eye and knows what he's thinking.  Finn is standing there with a big smile on his face.  As far as he's concerned, Rachel is singing this song to him and no one else.  Quinn gets an idea.  She walks over to where Santana and Puck are sitting.  She tells them to be ready for Finn to act out.

As the song ends, Rachel walks off the stage and starts towards Quinn.  Quinn starts walking towards Rachel and the two meet in the middle of the auditorium.  The two hug and embrace each other.  "I love you Rachel Berry."  Rachel has a large smile on her face, "I love you too, Quinn Fabray."  The two lean in and their lips meet.  It's a surprising sight for everyone in attendance.  Santana looks at the two feeling proud of them.  Puck is looking at them shocked but pleased with the result.  Jessie and Sunshine silently clap for their friends, (Jessie is in attendance because she's performing.)

"WHAT THE HELL?!"  Rachel, Quinn and most of the auditorium look at Finn due to his outburst.  "No way in hell are you taking my girl from me Quinn!  I won't let you!" Finn yells as he makes his way towards the pair.  Santana and Puck make it to Finn before he reaches the girls.  Puck pushes him back, "You need to calm down Finn.  You and Rachel haven't been together for a long time.  You can't blame her for moving on." he tells his friend.  "Stay out of this Puckerman!  Rachel's mine!  She will always be MINE!"  Finn tries to storm through Puck and Santana, Sam joining the fray to keep him at bay.

"Listen lumps the clown!"  Finn pushes past Santana before she can finish what she wanted to say.  Finn reaches for Rachel, but is stopped by Sue and Will.  "Finn, that's enough!" Will yells.  "Prom is over for you Hudson!  You're out of here!  Lets go!" Sue yells as she drags Finn out of the auditorium with the assistance of Will.

After things calm down, Rachel and Quinn make their way back on to the dance floor, after deciding to not let Finn's outburst ruin the rest of the night and slow dance.  The two rest their foreheads together exchanging kisses as the song plays.

"Best.  Prom.  Ever."  Both girls thought.

A/N: I know it's been a hot minute since I last updated.  I know I said there would be a few more chapters, but this is the end of the story.

I got a new computer and I completely forgot that the last chapters were saved on my old one and they got deleted when I reset it back to factory defaults.  I didn't want to leave this story incomplete and I sat on how I was going to end the story now that I lost the last few chapters.

I'm sorry if this ending is a disappointment, but this is what I was able to come up with.