Part 13 - Somewhere

⚠︎︎This is entirely platonic⚠︎︎

⚠︎︎TW A CHAPTER THAT TOOK 5 MONTHS TO MAKE⚠︎︎

Ava's POV

Mrs Roberts led me out to their car whilst her husband was still talking to Miss Adams. I decided it was best to keep my head down, not ask any questions. 

Once I got into the back, Mr Roberts came out of the building with a sour expression on his face. I just turned to look out the window as he got in the car. He sat in the driver's seat, not bothering to put on his seatbelt, and drove away. 

As we were going along, my stomach started to feel weird but I just passed it off as nerves. This felt wrong, how long had we been driving for? I lent slightly forward between both their chairs. 

"Where are you taking me?" Mrs Roberts just glanced at her husband who hadn't taken his eyes off the road since we left. 

"Uhh," Mrs Roberts began "Somewhere." 

That did nothing to ease my nerves as the pain in my stomach began to rise, almost unbearably so. Knowing this conversion wasn't going anywhere, I leant back into my chair whilst still keeping a wary eye on the couple. 

As time went on, feeling as though an hour had passed but without a watch there was no way to check, we finally arrived at 'somewhere'. That 'somewhere' happened to be an old, slightly run down hotel. 

Mr Roberts grunted something at me that resembled 'get up,' so without a second thought I did so. Going to grab my backpack from the footwell, I glanced at the seat and noticed a small red patch. Shit.

 I scrambled to get out the vehicle and ignore the problem that would soon come back to get me. I followed the two adults as we left the car park and entered the building, the inside looking no better than the exterior. 

Shouting could be heard behind a couple doors, one being followed by a loud smash and a woman leaving the room in tears. I watched her as she left. The couple stopped in front of a door, presumably theirs, while Mr Roberts grabbed a key from his coat pocket and unlocked it, not bothering to hold the door for either of us. 

Going in last, I saw a double bed and a sofa ,which I presumed would be where I slept, a bathroom to the left and a small kitchen area to my right. My guesses were right when Mrs Roberts said to put my stuff by the sofa, however not fully trusting them and hiding it behind the sofa. I sighed, heading to the bathroom to find anything that could be useful.

Tommy's POV

It's been almost a week since Phil called CPS on us, as each day went my hatred for the man increased. Tubbo, the forever optimist, thought he would return for us. I think it was day five when he realised he was wrong, we were back to where we started.

 Forever alone. Both of us were downstairs in the orphanage, Tubbo was entertaining some of the younger kids whilst I did the dishes. I probably had to scrub the pan I was holding a million times before the dark stains that remained from the sludge we called dinner finally was removed. 

Passing over the wet plates, cups and pots to another child to dry, I went to find my brother. After walking into every room, the last one I checked I saw him curled up with a younger boy around the age of four with strawberry blonde hair and blue dungarees over a pink shirt. The boy was blind in one eye after his Mother threw glass at him, resulting in him being sent here.

 Tubbo was wearing his usual green shirt and blue jeans, presumably feeling too guilty to wear the clothes we bought. They were both fast asleep on an old bean bag with a book in Tubbo's hand close to falling to the floor. Carefully I woke both of them up with a little nudge. 

Tubbo's eyes fluttered momentarily before meeting mine with a relieved smile. The young boy looked up at me with confusion.

"Oh, sorry. Tommy, this is Michael. Michael, this is Tommy." Tubbo said, gesturing to each of us. I nodded, looking down to Michael as we made eye contact, he gave me a big toothy grin along with an exaggerated wave. I gave him a small smile in return. 

"What were you reading?" I questioned, pointing to the book.

 "A series of unfortunate events, although I must say he was reading it better than I was." Tubbo chuckled, ruffling Michaels hair as he let out a giggle. 

"Well budge up and I can carry on reading if you both want to?" They nodded, Tubbo handed me the book whilst Michael went to sit on his lap so I could join them.

 "During the week that followed..." I began.

________________________________________________________

A/N

Are you french?

Because Eiffel for you.

830 words