two

ELLE, KLAUS AND STEFAN TRAILED THROUGH THE WOODS, WALKING TOWARDS RAY'S PACK AS HE DIRECTED THEM TO — RAY SLUNG OVER STEFAN'S SHOULDER AS THE HYBRID CONTINUED TO TEASE THE VAMPIRE

ELLE, KLAUS AND STEFAN TRAILED THROUGH THE WOODS, WALKING TOWARDS RAY'S PACK AS HE DIRECTED THEM TO — RAY SLUNG OVER STEFAN'S SHOULDER AS THE HYBRID CONTINUED TO TEASE THE VAMPIRE. "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine." the Salvatore vampire huffed, kicking a rock as they walked.

"You sure about that?" Klaus asks, once again, continuing to get on the vampire's nerves as Elle was quietly laughing to herself. "You know, we've been walking for quite some time now."

"If you need some water or a little sit down.." Elle continued off from where Klaus left off.

"You know, I get that we're, uh... we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great." Stefan snapped.

"So much brooding." Klaus sighed. "Your self—loathing is suffocating you, my friend."

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm tired of hunting werewolves." Stefan mused with sarcasm. "We've been at it all summer."

"Thanks for our pal, Ray, we've found ourselves a pack." Klaus said, a grin resting on his lips.

"There." Elle said, stopping in her tracks as their eyes fell upon dozens of werewolves who had tents set up around them.

Stefan took a few steps forward, causing eyes to fall onto him as he dropped Ray to the ground, a loud thud sounding throughout everyone's ears. A woman rushed over to Ray, crouching over him then standing up and looking at Stefan. "Ray! Oh, my god! What's going on? Who are you?"

Klaus and Elle rejoined Stefan, smirks resting on their lips. "The important question is, who am I? Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

Her eyes widened. "You're the hybrid." she then shifted her gaze to Elle. "And that would make you the vampire sidekick with the turned off humanity."

Klaus smiles. "You've heard of me. Fantastic."

"Us," Elle corrected. "Don't be so self centered, Klaus."

✧✧✧

The three vampires sat on a wooden log, as all of the vengeful werewolves eyes were settled on them — prepared in case they were to attempt on an attack.

"It's fascinating, actually... a werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Klaus said, then an excessive gasp sounded from Ray as his body shot up. "Excellent timing, Ray."

"A+ for dramatics, truly." Elle nodded her head with a sarcastic smile, looking down at the werewolf, in transition hybrid, with judgement in her eyes. "Almost as dramatic as my sister."