sixteen

AFTER BEING AT THE LAKE HOUSE WITH ELLE'S GRANDPARENTS, ELIJAH DECIDED THAT HE WANTED TO SURPRISE ELLE WITH A TRIP TO PARIS

AFTER BEING AT THE LAKE HOUSE WITH ELLE'S GRANDPARENTS, ELIJAH DECIDED THAT HE WANTED TO SURPRISE ELLE WITH A TRIP TO PARIS. They'd spent four months there, living their best lives, enjoying each other's companies, touring, and tasting. The time she'd spent away from home was the happiest she had been in a very long time. It filled Elijah's heart to see her so happy. Thank god for Caroline though, as she'd been emailing Elle her school work, as she refused to let her best friend fail her senior year. 

However, their trip had come to a sudden end as Rebekah called them, delivering terrible news. Esther had turned Alaric into an Original vampire hunter, and had put Klaus to sleep, kill him. Elle stood on her front steps, Elijah by her side. She stared at the door, not moving. Elijah lightly touched her hip. "Are you alright, my love?" 

"Hmm?" she asked, then nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Sorry, I was just listening to see if anyone was home." she then put her key into the hole, twisting, then the door opened. As soon as the door opened, Elena peeked her head around the corner. 

"Elle?" she breathed out, relief on her face to see her sister. 

"Hey." Elle said, offering her sister a soft smile. With all the time away, Elle had forgiven her sister for all of the wrong things done to her. She had lots of time to think and discuss her feelings with Elijah. She walked up to her sister, pulling her into a hug. "I'm sorry for being such a bitch to you." 

"Me too." Elena sighed, a tear slipping from her eye as they pulled out of the hug. 

Elle's bottom lip jutted out seeing her sister crying, so she pulled her into another bone crushing hug. They pulled away after a minute of being in each other's embrace. She gestured to Elijah. "He's coming in, okay? We all need to talk." she said, glancing to Stefan who stood behind Elena. 

"Yeah," Elena nodded. "We can talk in the kitchen." 

The group all settled into the kitchen, where Matt had been sitting. Elijah explained their plan to the group, as Elle listened, watching the others. They all looked wary. "All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the earth and Alaric will follow us." 

Stefan raised a skeptical brow at the original. "And you'll just run?" 

"We've done it before." Elijah stated, shrugging. "Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena is able to live out the rest of her natural life?"

It was silent. Elena then looked over to her twin. "Are you going with them?" 

Elle nodded, a small smile on her face. "Yeah. I'll be safe. I promise." she said softly. "I'll call you everyday, okay?" 

Elena looked over to the Original. "We've finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back." 

"Elena, please." Elle said, taking a deep breath, hoping not to snap on her sister. "Imagine if this was Jeremy. How would you feel? Terrible."