two

They had finally made it to New Orleans after a long day of travel

They had finally made it to New Orleans after a long day of travel. Elle had never been to the city, and she appreciated it's beauty. Which meant, she appreaciated the Mikaelson's for helping build the city. Elijah had explained to her the history in New Orleans, which surprised her. After doing some digging, they had found out the witch that was conspiring against Klaus was called Jane-Anne. They were currently sat at a bar; Rosseau's. 

The bartender smiled at the two of them, placing a scotch before Elijah, and vodka before Elle. "So, what brings you both to the big easy?"

Elijah returned her smile, looking slightly lost in memory. "I used to live here, actually."

"Really?" the blonde asked with interest. "When?"

"Oh," he shrugged. "It feels like a hundred years ago." 

The bartender nodded. "I just moved here. What brought you back?"

"Well, my brother's here somewhere." Elijah answered. "We're afraid he got himself into some sort of a bind."

"You say that like it's a common occurence." she said, tilting her head to the side.

"It is." Elle grumbled, getting bored of the conversation. "Pretty much on the daily. But we still love him."

Elijah didn't argue with her statement. He considered his words before he spoke. "Well... he's complicated. Defiant, ill-mannered, and a little tempermental." he listed off a few words to describe his brother. 

"A little?" Elle asked with a chuckle, sipping on her vodka.

He laughed with her. "See, we don't share the same father. Of course that never bothered me, but my brother seems to resent it deeply. Never felt like he belonged. All told, he has a long history of getting himself into trouble."

"And I'm guessing you two have a long history of getting him out of it?" she asked the vampires before her, though, she was unaware of what they were. 

Elle nodded. "Yeah." she said softly. "He's family. He's helped us so many times, we've gotta return the favour. That's what family does."

She nodded. "What kind of bond is he in?"

"He thinks the people in this town are conspiring against him." Elle said, pursing her lips together after she spoke.

The bartender paused. She looked at their serious expressions, brows raised. "Wow. Narcisstic and paranoid." she shook her head, as she looked slightly embarssed when Elle rose a brow. "Sorry. Bartender with a grad degree is psychology. Total cliche."

"Listen..." Elijah trailed off, his eyes glazing down to her name tag. "Camille, we're looking for someone who might shed some light on this current predicament. She works here, Jane-Anne Deveraux. Any idea where we might find her?"

"No." Camille shook her head, thinking. "But I know someone who might. Out in Quarter, you'll find a woman giving tours to the tourists. Her name is Sabine." she explained to the couple. "If you wanna find Jane-Anne, you're best talking to her."