six

ELLE GILBERT HAD WENT MISSING FOR OVER A WEEK, AND ONLY TWO PEOPLE KNEW HER LOCATION; ELENA GILBERT AND DAMON SALVATORE

ELLE GILBERT HAD WENT MISSING FOR OVER A WEEK, AND ONLY TWO PEOPLE KNEW HER LOCATION; ELENA GILBERT AND DAMON SALVATORE. They had been torturing her for a full week, in their attempt to get the vampire to turn her switch back on.

But nothing had worked.

Elle lifted her head up from its dangling position and looked up at Damon, who stood before her, a smirk on his lips. It was apparent they were attempting to get her humanity back on — once again.

"Damon, you might as well quit this stuff. We both know it's not gonna work. You torture me, I scream in pain, but in the end, I'm still lacking my humanity," she said, raising her eyebrows and looking at the Salvatore before her, a bored expression on her face.

He made a tutting noise as he approached her with the metal prodding stick for the fire. He reached to her hand, slipping her daylight ring from her middle finger. "Now, we should know this by now, bad girls don't get nice jewelry."

"Blah, blah, blah," she mocked, rolling her eyes, causing Damon to copy her in annoyance, and also roll his eyes.

"Elena, bring out your lil bro!" Damon called, causing the vampire to furrow her brows in confusion on the chair, looking behind Damon, where Elena entered the room with a frightened looking Jeremy.

Elle smiled, looking over at her brother. "Hey, Jer? Mind taking these chains and cuffs off? It hurts."

Elena shook her head, squeezing her brother's shoulder reassuringly. "Don't listen to her, remember what I said."

Jeremy nodded, walking next to Damon. Damon gripped onto the boy, forcing him to stand in front of him as he held onto his shoulders. "Here's the deal, Elle, turn it on now, your brother lives. But if you don't turn it on, I'll snap his neck on the spot."

Her face fell, not going unnoticed by the three in the room. "You're bluffing." she said in an undertone.

"Am I?" he inquired, a smirk rising to his lips once again.

"Yes, Damon, you are." she spat. "Because you kill Jeremy, you'll never get the love you crave from Elena. She'll hate you."

Damon chuckled. "If you say so," and then, a sickening crunch filled the room. Tears instantly gathered in Elle's eyes as she watched her brother's body fall to the floor.

"No," she mumbled, shaking her head, tears flowing down her cheeks as her body shook. "No, no. No!"

A loud bang filled her ears, and suddenly Damon was unconscious and she was untied. Elena could be heard cursing under her breath. She pushed the person whom had their grip on her off, and fell to her knees next to Jeremy's body.