fourteen

ALL OF THE MIKAELSONS, EXCEPT FOR KLAUS, SAT INSIDE OF THE LIVING ROOM — GETTING READY FOR THE BALL THAT THEY WERE THROWING

ALL OF THE MIKAELSONS, EXCEPT FOR KLAUS, SAT INSIDE OF THE LIVING ROOM — GETTING READY FOR THE BALL THAT THEY WERE THROWING. Elle and Rebekah sat next to one another, getting their nails done as all of the men got fitted for their suits.

"Rebekah? Tell me how handsome I am." Kol mused, grinning at his sister through the mirror, who scowled back at him.

"Ah, Kol, you know I can't be compelled." she bit back.

He then looked to Elle through the mirror. "Elle, darling, what do you think?"

"I think you look great, Kol." she smiled, earning one back. "But just not as good as Elijah."

"I beg to differ!" he exclaimed, eye widened.

Before anyone could say anything else, the doors swung open and Klaus entered. He looked mad. "You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!"

Elle was finally coming back around to Elena, as she finally was forgiving her for torturing her. She understood why her sister did it, but it still couldn't defend her actions.

"Here we go." Rebekah rolled her eyes.

Klaus looked enraged as he spoke his next words. "Do you want another dagger in your heart?"

"Again with the dagger threats?" Kol inquired. "Don't you have any other tricks?"

Klaus scoffed. "Oh, go back to staring at yourself!" Elle rewarded Klaus with a laugh at that.

"And who are you, my father?" Kol asked him, beforehand he sent Elle a harsh glare.

"No, Kol, but you're in my house." Klaus reminded.

"Then perhaps we should go outside." Kol said, and then both of the brothers began glaring at each other, basically staring into the other's soul. Then the door opened once again, and Esther was revealed on the other side.

"Enough!" Esther snapped, then looked to the hybrid. "Niklaus, come."

He sighed, then followed her into the room.

Elle looked to Elijah, eyebrows furrowed. "Is it always this argumentative?"

He slowly nodded as a response as Rebekah opened her mouth to speak. "You and Elena are like this too, aren't you?"

She nodded. "I guess."

"Well, Elle's reason to be argumentative with Elena is reasonable." Elijah told Rebekah. "Ours is just of boredom from each other."