Chapter 8: Trouble Ahead!

===========================

They all got back to the farm safe and sound, Rick, Glenn and Hershel agreed to say Logan got shot and needs his rest, Hershel and Rick are the only ones who can see him or they find out and want to kill him where he sleeps.

Rick: How is he?

Rick asked standing at the foot of Logan's temporary bed as Hershel did all he can but it's not good.

Hershel: I've done all I can. I'm not sure he'll live through the night.

Rick looked down sad because Shane did this, Shane's crazy ass got them into trouble with Hershel and killed the boy that helped save Carl's life.

Hershel and Rick left the room agreeing to check on him in the morning, Hershel assumed Logan has 24 hours till the infection takes him.

Hershel then left to see to Randell, the guy they picked up last night and went to do what he can for him while Rick stood at the head of the table talking to everyone else who could be here.

Rick: We couldn't just leave him behind. He would've bled out, if he lived that long.

Everyone listened to Rick while Hershel was in with Randell and Logan basically under lock and key,no one even asked about him.

Glenn: It's gotten bad in  town.

Glenn said looking around, his eyes fell to Maggie as she looked to him worried but Glenn looked away quickly as Andrea spoke up.

Andrea: What do we do with him?

No one really knew, only Rick and Hershel know but right now it doesn't look like he can do it, Rick was about to answer but Hershel joined them in the room wiping his hands clean.

Hershel: I repaired his calf muscle as best I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage. Won't be on his feet for at least a week.

Hershel told the room, they all listened but Shane wasn't liking what he was hearing.

Rick: When he is, we give him a canteen, take him out to the main road, send him on his way.

Rick told them the plan as Daryl walked into the room and stood nearby not waiting to get involved but wanting to be part of the group.

Andrea: Isn't that the same as leaving him for the Walkers?

Carol smiled to Daryl as Daryl returned a grin while Rick answered Andrea's question.

Rick: He'll have a fighting chance.

Rick knew what he was going to do as his mind is made up but if Shane didn't argue with him about it then it would be weird.

Shane: Just gonna let him go? He knows where we are.

Rick: He was blindfolded the whole way here. He's not a threat.

Rick responded to Shane clearly tired of Shane answering back and assuming the worst of the world, he's just one boy how bad can it be.

Shane: Not a threat. How many were there? You killed three of their men, you took one of them hostage, but they just ain't gonna come looking?

Rick: They left him for dead. No one is looking.

Rick spoke shutting Shane up for now as Rick told them the rest of the plan.

Rick: Logan's going to take him to the other side of town and let him go there...

Rick stopped when Shane interrupted with a chuckle.