Chapter 24: A Date!?

==========================

Rick's pacing back and forward in the small room, waiting for the phone to ring once again, Logan and Daryl with the help of Glenn and Hershel have kept things running for the time being but they need Rick, Daryl's not a leader and Logan's only 19 with a 17 Year old fiance, he wants to spend as much time as he can with her, never know when it will be his last day, or her's.

Rick: Hello?

The phone finally rang again, Rick answered it with a little hope in his voice, he wasn't sure if they'd call again but they have and he still has a chance of getting his group in this unknown Utopia.

Woman: You didn't want to tell him how your wife died?

A women's voice asked this time, the same women from before, she seemed to be whispering a little almost as if she's not supposed to be calling, the sound of static clear in the phone line as Rick responded calmer then he has been recently.

Rick: No, I just lost her. But if that's what it takes...

Women: It'd be good.

She cut him off as Rick looked to the bloated Walker mere feet away from him, the one who couldn't even wait for him to say goodbye to his wife before devouring her body.

Women: You should talk about it, Rick.

Rick looked away from the Walker and responded as she tried to talk him into telling them about how Lori died, if you asked Logan, she died because he failed, it's why he's trying so hard to help the baby, to ease his own conscience.

Rick: That sounds... How... 

Rick took a second as she said his name, Rick never told either of them his name so how do they know it, the thoughts and worry running through his mind as he tried to remember if he told them or not, it's been a rough few days for them, maybe he had and forgotten but as far as he can think, he never told them.

Rick: ... How do you know my name?

Rick asked into the phone, he got no response though, just louder static then the eventual click of the call being cut off, Rick put the phone down, concern all over his face, a little touch of fear, shivered breaths while he tried to compute what's going on here, nothing made sense to him.

Beth continued to help out around as much as she could, she's not a fighter like the others, in her mind the only way she can help out is by staying back and helping out with Lil' Ass kicker, Daryl and Logan seem pretty set on the name, Beth walked into her and Logan's cell to see Beckett lying on the bed, she smiled to the dog till he perked up catching her attention.

Logan: Come on, we're going out.

Beth looked at the door as did Beckett to see Logan all set up ready to head out, she chuckled nervously confused by why she was going out.

Beth: What, why? Maggie and Glenn already went on a supply run.

Logan nodded to her while looking up and down the cell block, Daryl is doing rounds with Carl and Oscar, leaving Hershel to watch Lil' Asskicker.

Logan: We're not going on a supply run. Let's go.

Logan whistled and Beckett hopped off the bed and followed him out, Beth hasn't made a run with Logan on his own, maybe it's about time she did, they could spend more time together, so after talking herself into it, she took what she thought she needed and walked out to see him getting a car ready, the Hyundai.