Chapter 17

THIRD PERSON POV

"I thought Bonnie said this place lost all its mojo." Damon stated.
"The dead witches were angry at her for bringing Jeremy back to life. I guess now they have something they want her to know." Elena said
"I hate witches. So fickle...Passive-aggressive..."
"Damon." Emma scolded.

"Stefan?" Emma calls out.
Damon groans, "Come on, Stef. Olly olly oxen free."When he walks into the light, his skin starts to burn.
"Ah ow." He rushes to a shadowy corner

"Really?! Still?!" Damon complains
Elena calls out confused, "What?"
"Witchy spirits aren't a big fan. And they use their juju to screw with my daylight ring!"
"Then wait outside Day." Emma states.
"Emma..!"
Emma shrugs. "I'm not leaving until I know if he's here."

"Stefan?" Elena calls out this time.
Stefan yells. "Go away! You shouldn't be here Elena. You too Emma."

"Stefan, we need your help. Bonnie said that you would be here." Elena told him.
"Well, Bonnie sucks at keeping secrets." Stefan stated.

Emma spoke up, "Listen, you need to give Klaus his family back."
"Oh, really? Is that what I need to do?" He replied sarcastically.
"Klaus compelled Jeremy to stand in front of speeding car. Don't you get it? Stefan, he's not gonna stop until he gets what he wants." Elena stressed.
"Elena, stop talking. I'm not giving Klaus anything."

"Are you listening to me? He's gonna kill Jeremy!"
"Not really my problem." Stefan shrugged. Emma jumped back in shock as Elena slapped Stefan before giving a thumbs up to Elena when she glanced back at her.
"And you can go to hell!!" Elena yelled at him as the girls walked out of the house.

"That didn't go over well." Damon stated the obvious.
"Well duh." Emma rolled her eyes as Damon chuckled and messed up her hair.

"Don't even start, Damon!" Elena exclaimed.
"Let me talk to him!"
"You can't get in! The witches won't let you!"
"Here. Take my car keys. You go deal with your brother, I'll deal with mine." Damon stated handing Elena the keys and speeds into the house.

Looking over at Elena, the blonde shrugs and gestures to Damons car.

-

Arriving back to the Gilbert residence Elena and Emma walk in to see Alaric standing in the living room.
"Ric, hey! When did you return to the living?" Emma asked him as she greeted him with a hug.
"Oh just a few minutes ago. How is Jeremy?" He asked the girls as Elena groaned, "Hating me. Hating life. Hating the fact that we can't even have a family dinner without somebody dying before dessert. Are you okay?"
Alaric stated coughing violently and blood lands on his hands.

"Oh my god!" Elena exclaims as Emma rushes towards Alaric.
"Something's wrong! The ring!" He exclaims before collapsing.
"Ric, hey." Emma states as she taps his face trying to wake him up.
Elena had called the paramedics and was letting them in the door.

"What happened?" One of the paramedics asked.

"He got hit by a car and...he's coughing up blood." Emma informed them.
"Get his vitals." The other paramedic stated.
"Pulse pretty weak. Looks like internal bleeding. We gotta get him outta here."
As the paramedics go to leave, Klaus' hybrid Tony appeared at the doorway.

"Let's not and say we did. Why don't you two meet us at the hospital?" He stated.
"What?" Emma asked confused as the paramedics started to leave.

"No, no, no, wait. No wait! You have to help him!! What are you doing?" Elena rushed out taking to the paramedics.
Tony spoke up, "You can still save his life, Elena. Here, take my blood."
"She's not taking anything from you psycho." Emma declared as she stood in front of Elena.

"I can't get in. You're gonna have to invite me."
"No. Why are you doing this?" Elena questioned frantically as Emma stood protectively in front of her.
"Klaus asked for his family. You didn't deliver."
Ric began coughing again heavier this time.

"Ric! Oh my god! I'm right here." Emma exclaims as she kneels beside him.

"He's gonna die. Might want to invite me in, Elena."
Tony ends up on the floor with an arrow in his back.
"Jeremy!" Elena exclaims
"He's not dead yet."

"Where are you going?" She asks him.
"What are you doing?" Emma questions as Jeremy grabs the meat cleaver. Her question is answered when he cuts Tony's head off and Elena screams
"Now he's dead."
"Gross" Emma covers her eyes for a moment.

"We've gotta get Alaric to the hospital now." Him and Emma get moving as Elena stands still in shock.