Chapter 4

Third person POV

It has been two days since the sacrifice. Emma hasn't left her home worried about her siblings. She was absolutely devastated to hear that Jenna had been killed. She hadn't really talked to anyone after that besides her siblings.

A knock was heard at the door of the Mckay residence as Meg, the youngest of the siblings decided to answer.

"I'll get it!" She yelled as she opened the door. On the other side of the door was Elijah and Klaus both with a small smile on their faces but Klaus' more of a smirk.

"Hello is Emma home?" Klaus asks Meg.
"Yeah one sec." Meg turns her head so she is facing the stairs. "Emma people are here for you!"

"You know mister you look like the guy in my sisters drawing." Meg says as she looks at Klaus.
"What drawing?" Klaus question.

Emma comes running down the stairs after her shower dressed in matching light pink tracksuit set.
"Hey Meg who's at the...door." Emma's eyes go wide as her breath stops looking over to see Klaus and Elijah.

"Um Meg where's Laurie?"
"He's outside."
"Okay can you go play with him for a bit I just need to talk to my um.." Emma trails off.
"Boyfriend." Meg tells her.
"What, No!" Emma tells confused.
"But you love the Bri-" Meg goes to continue but Emma covers her mouth.

"Can you just excuse us one moment please." Emma looks at the Mikealson brothers as she walks out of their view with Meg right next to her.

"Meg please go play with Laurie it will only be a minute I just need to talk to them." Emma tells her quietly.
"Okay." Meg nods as she runs outside to Laurie and Emma makes her way back to the door.

"Hello Elijah." Emma smiles politely.
"Hello Sweet Emma." Elijah replies using the nickname he has made for her.
"What are you doing her Klaus?" Emma peers over at him.

"Hello to you too love." Klaus smirks.
"Well I just wanted to give you this it seems you had forgotten it at the dance." Klaus says as he hands me my sketchbook and my new book I brought to the dance to read and keep me occupied it was a short story by Edgar Allen Poe called 'the tell-tale heart".

"Oh thank you." Emma tells them grateful for the kind gesture.

"We best be going now see you later sweet Emma." Elijah bids her as he leaves and she turns to look at Klaus.

"I hope you don't mind I uh highlighted some things in the book for you." Klaus tells her.
"Oh thanks." Emma smiles.
"Goodbye love."Klaus bids
"Goodbye." Emma waves as she closes the door and walks out to her backyard still confused as to why Klaus was nice to her.

-

Emma was drawing in her sketchbook when she gets a call from Stefan.
"Hey Stef."
"Hey Em I need your help."
"What's wrong." Emma asks worried.
"Um it's uh it's Damon he was bitten by a werewolf."
A gasp escapes Emma's lips at the thought of one of her best friends dying.
"What?" Emma asks shocked.
"Yeah uh I'm going to Klaus for a cure but I mean you don't have to I was just wondering since you know your really nice and people like you that you can help me convince him to help my brother." Stefan asks her.
"Yeah of course I'll be there in five." Emma tells him as they hang up the phone.

"Hey guys I'll be right back okay I just need to help my friend with something!" Emma informs her siblings.
"Okay see ya!" Laurie yells from upstairs as Emma shuts the door leaving the household.

-
"Hey Stef." Emma greets him with a hug as they walk towards the apartment.
"Hey Em. Sorry to drag you into this." Stefan tells her feeling a bit of guilt that he now is dragging Emma into this situation.
"It's fine Stef he's my best friend." Emma tells him with a light smile as they approach the door.