Chapter 18

"Thank you for coming

"Thank you for coming." Emma states as Klaus enters the house with a smile sent towards Emma.
"My pleasure love."
"I trust you have news of Stefan?"
"We couldn't find him." Elena speaks up. "But I have something else."
In the cellar, Elena opens the door to Rebekah's cell; Rebekah lies on the ground, daggered

Klaus shakes his head, "My poor sister. I can't turn my back on her for a moment."
"You have Rebekah. A deal is a deal."
"The life of my sister in exchange for your brother? Yeah I'd say that's a bargain. Consider him spared."
" You should know I was the one that daggered her. When she wakes she'll come after me." Elena says worriedly.
"I can control Rebekah. Besides I still need your help finding Stefan."
We already told you we don't know where he is." Emma lies.

Klaus undaggers Rebekah and turns to look at Elena. "You're lying. Fortunately you have no shortage of loved ones. If I don't find my family the question you should be asking yourself is who's gonna die next! Bonnie? Caroline? Damon? It's only a matter of time before Stefan gives me what I want."

Elena shakes her head, "He doesn't care about me anymore. You made sure of that. You turned him into a monster. Now he's your problem. And just so you know I'm not the only one that Rebekah wants dead. She knows what you did to your mother. She knows that you killed her. You can let yourself out." She finishes off as she leaves the room.

Klaus and Emma stay standing there in silence before Emma speaks up.
"Thank you by the way."
"For what?"
"You didn't have to make a deal with Elena and you did and I know it was to save your sister but still so...yeah thanks."
Klaus smiled at her rambling. "It's my pleasure love."

-

Emma walks back into her home as Meg comes running to the door.
"You're early!" She shouts in excitement as she hugs her older sister.
"Yeah I took off my shift from the Grill I thought we could hang out."
"I'll choose the movie!" Meg yelled as she ran into the living room.

"Are you sure you are able to afford cancelling a shift?" Laurie asked her worried.
"I can take up some shifts if you want. I wanna help."
"Absolutely not." Emma shakes her head.
"And yes it's fine I promise. I wanted to spend some more time with you guys. I've been very busy lately."
"Thanks Em." Laurie gives her a hug.
"But I'm picking the snacks yeah?" He stated as he headed into the kitchen.
Emma walked into the living room and sat comfortably on the couch with either sibling beside her.

Giving her brother a kiss on the cheek and hugging her sister close, Emma for the first time in a long time felt calm and happy. She wouldn't let any harm come to her family.

-

"Happy birthday!" The Scooby Gang exclaims as Caroline walks into her kitchen.
"What are you guys doing here?"
"Well you blew off school and missed our work of birthday art, so..." Elena takes off the crown she's wearing and puts it on Caroline's head.

"Change into warmer clothes, we are going to the Falls. S'mores, camp fire.." Bonnie states as Emma yells, "Cake! Like when we were little."
"Except for the tequila!" Matt butts in.
"Thanks, guys. Really, um, I'm just not feeling my birthday this year."
Bonnie shakes her head in disbelief, "I'm sorry, what? You've already claimed your birthday as everyone's favorite day of the year."
Caroline shrugs, "Yeah, and now, it's just a reminder that technically, I'm dead. Look, I didn't even like 17. And the only point to being 17 is to get to 18. It's a filler year; I'm stuck in a filler year."
Emma rubs Caroline's arm in comfort, "You're not stuck, Caroline."
"Yeah I am, but it's okay. You know, it's all good, I'll be fine. But I just need some time to wallow in it."
Emma states, "Okay, well I think I have another idea."