Chapter Twenty-Two (Runn)

I was still fast asleep, tangled in King's arms when his cell phone began ringing. Though he didn't move to find it, he groaned and hugged me tighter. I knew what he was thinking—it wasn't time for him to get up yet and he didn't want to let me go until the very last second.

Even the night before as I spoke to my mother about her new job, he laid between my thighs with the top half of his body cuddled into my chest. I had to play with his hair, stroking it away from his face as his weight pressed me into the bed because he'd had a lousy day.

"King?" I groaned.

"They can call back." He pressed his face into my neck and nipped at the flesh. "Right now, I'm spending time with my lover."

I giggled. "We both know they won't stop."

Struggling, I scooted out from his arms and dug around in where his clothes was until I found it. "It's Mae."

King rolled to flop onto his back. "Answer it."

Sighing, I slid the bar. "Khap Mae."

"Sawatdii khaa." Mae's voice was said. "Can I meet with you and King today for lunch?"

"I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem, Mae." I told him. "Let me ask him."

"King?"

"Hmm?" King pushed up to his elbow causing the sheet to fall down to his hips.

His body was so sexy.

"Mae wants to meet us for lunch."

"Sure." King nodded. "About one?"

I nodded and relayed the information to Mae. She agreed and hung up.

Though I was a little uneasy about the potential of what mae wanted, I hung up and plugged his phone in to charge.

"Come back to bed." King opened his arms to me.

Though I thought we should get up and have breakfast, I didn't decline.

"Runn, Tao is in love with Captain." King snuggled into me, resting his head on my chest.

I giggled. "I know."

"How do you feel about that?"

"Why?" I asked. "Captain is a grown man. He can make his own decisions. I just don't want him to get hurt."

"Tao will take care of him." King told me. "My question is, if you're okay with it."

"Captain is happy. I'm okay, khap."

I stayed in bed with King. We flirted, made out—spent time with each other.

Though deep down I felt as if the other shoe was about to drop, I wanted to take this moment, enjoy the softness of his touch, the intimate way he caressed me, grabbed me, held on to me. I enjoyed his kisses, the intimate moments I didn't know I craved until I was experiencing them.

He kissed my head and sighed. "You should take a shower, Runn. I'll call for a car instead of us driving."

I nodded, kissed him and climbed out of bed.

By the time we were showered, dressed and in the car, King's phone get going off. He held not one of my hands even as he fielded calls. I wasn't sure what was happening, but I was very sure it had something to do with his father.

"What did you find?" King asked in the latest call. "Right. Send all of that to Tao for me. Khap."

He hung up.

"Everything okay?"

King nodded. "I'm not sure yet. But I think I have a way of getting Mae out of my father's clutches. The idea isn't fully formed yet."