Chapter Twenty - Plotting (King)

The night before, I almost crossed the line with Runn. I wasn't sure how I'd lost control that badly. He stiffened beneath my body, jarring me back to reality. I then slept in the second room in my suite—well, I laid in bed, staring at the dark patch above me that should be the ceiling.

Before the sun came up, Runn walked into the room and sat on the side of my bed.

"I want to talk." Runn told me.

"Mm?"

I shifted to the side and reached over to turn on the light. When he looked down at me, I could tell he'd been crying. I lifted my hand to caress his cheek, feeling it damp from his tears, knowing I'd caused that.

"I didn't mean to make you cry." I admitted.

"That's not what I want to talk to you about." Runn told me.

"How could you not want to talk about that?" I asked softly. "I caused you sadness."

"King..."

Holding my breath, I sat up and curled my legs under me. "Okay?"

"When we were in bed—what did you want to do to me?"

The question caught me off guard and I scrambled to get off the bed. Runn caught my arm and tugged me back to the bed. Forever, he stared at me and I knew he wanted—needed—an answer.

"Runn I—"

"This is a honest conversation." Runn told me.

Hanging my head, I exhaled loudly. "I wanted to make love to you."

"Then why did you stop?"

"You stiffened." I replied.

He didn't look at me. 

"I knew you didn't want to." I admitted. "And I couldn't hurt you like that. I can't. I won't."

"King..."

I closed my eyes.

"King, look at me."

Hesitating, I licked my lips and slowly met his gaze.

"There's a difference between being scared and not wanting to." Runn explained. "I've never been with anyone before. You would be my first and I've heard stories that it hurt."

I nodded. "It will our first time together. For you, I didn't want you to have a memory of—"

Runn nodded. For a while, he said nothing. He merely caressed my neck gently, staring into my eyes until he smiled, scooted forward and cuddled into my chest.

Still, he didn't speak. He wrapped his arms around me, kissed my neck and sighed.

"I've liked your body ever since I realized what was happening inside me—once I took a moment to let my mind go there." He explained. "I'll be ready for you, King. I just need a little more time."

Pulling him from my chest, I stared down into his eyes. "How about we not focus on it? Because it'll drive me crazy because—it'll happen, trust me."

Smiling, he kissed me deeply. "I'm staying with you for the rest of the night. Is that a problem?"

"No, khap."

He kissed me again.

The next morning, I woke early and showered. The smell of breakfast wandered up the stairs and underneath our door. I'd rented a home to accommodate all of us and our friends had found a place to sleep in one of the rooms. We were a room short but to my surprise, Tao offered to sleep in the same room as Captain.