Chapter 30

A droplet of water fell on my face, waking me up. I must have rolled out from under the bench while I was asleep. I sat up and looked over the edge of the boat, endless miles of water stared back at me. With a groan, I sank back into the bottom of the boat.

"If you're feeling sick, stay over there."

I turned and shot Fritz a dirty look.

"When can I get back home?"

"Good question."

"How. Long. I've missed enough school, i'm probably failing classes now."

"Priorities dear Nora.... You need to get them straight."

"Can we tell Mangoo where we are so he could teleport us out or something? It's been a while, would his power level be back to normal?"

"Mangoo needs to focus on protecting Liana and Shullat. The binders know where you two go to school, they could get your addresses very easily. Neither of them are safe, Liana has ties to you and Shullat is a traitor to their cause."

"How are we getting home then?"

"Well... We have a couple of options. I try and get us both to a safe place nearby, or we could try and get to a safe spot the hard way and sail there."

"That's it?"

"Or you could try and teleport yourself, but that'd be even more dangerous than me taking you."

"How'd you learn then if it's so dangerous?"

"You have your school, and we have ours. Now stay on topic, the safest method would be the long way."

"What would be different this time than the other times you couldn't poof both of us."

"Basically nothing, i'm just risk calculating here. Before, Mangoo provided a safer means of travel for you."

"Hey! Before I had no idea how to use my energy! Could I lend some to you like I did while you were fighting?"

"I wouldn't risk it... There's still a large risk-"

"We're doing it. We don't even know where we are! Let alone how long it will take us to get back by midget boat!"

"Lifeboat, and we're both at risk here. I really don't think this is a good idea."

"Lets go. Take me to Liana, Mangoo and Shullat. That's an order."

"Nora," He said threateningly.

"Go! I'll try and do that power up thing that the Elder djinn guy taught me! Shullat also taught me a little bit."

Fritz sighed and put my bag on my shoulders, taking my hand he closed his eyes.

"Now." He said.

Closing my own eyes, I reached for the energy like before. It was much easier to find this time. I felt it move down my arm to my fingers where it left my hand and transferred to Fritz's. While the energy was still flowing, I felt my feet leave solid ground and the drifting feeling came over me again. I opened one of my eyes and saw the swirling colors that I had seen before. This time, there were more reds than purples. Abruptly, the swirls started flaring and going out, I felt like I was going faster into oblivion. A sharp pain shot through my left leg, I tried to grab at it and apply pressure but I found myself unable to move. The same pain shocked my right arm a few seconds after. Pressure began to build in my sinuses and my eyes dried out. Was this what happened when the teleport thing failed? Was I dead?

There was a flash of light and a familiar red head appeared in front of me, he grabbed my waist and started backpedaling through the air. His hair was plastered to the sides of his face, he looked exhausted. The blackness evaporated and we fell to the ground in a tangle of limbs.

I crawled out from under Fritz and lay face first on the carpeted floor. I heard heavy footfalls and arms were around me.

"Nora! Nora! Are you alright?!" Liana squealed.

"What happened?" Mangoo asked me.

"Fritz... Teleported us from a lifeboat..." I whispered, for it was all I could really manage.

"He what?! The idiot."

"We tried adding my power to his, I shouldn't have pressured him into to doing it..."

"Well, he's pretty drained right now. If the transfer worked, that may have been the only thing that saved your lives." I shuddered, I had almost killed us both. We watched Mangoo stretch Fritz out into a more comfortable position and put a blue throw pillow behind his head.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"My Arizona house," Mangoo said, "No one but me and Fritz know where it is."

"Where in Arizona? Are we close to our houses?"

"Just outside of Tucson, we're pretty close."

"Why do you have a house in Arizona anyway?"

"I gotta live somewhere ya know, we're not homeless people. I also have a house or two in Europe, but I won't tell you where because that's sensitive information. Humans are not supposed to know where any of us live, so don't go telling people about this place capiché?"

"Capiché." Liana and I said simultaneously. Mangoo sat down next to Fritz and put a hand on his forehead.

"His energy level is dangerously low, he needs to rest until its at a safe level. But he will wake up when he's stable."

I felt so relieved, I hadn't killed him! I need more lessons in this magic stuff, where was Shullat?

We made it to chapter 30! Yay! Tell me what you think in the comments I guess and yeah... Nothing has really changed...