Chapter 32.5-33

******Fritz POV*******

I was nervous about leaving them unattended, but I would not and could not worry about that right now. Mangoo was taking us through the channel on the way to where most of our population lived. Only djinn were allowed to come to our city, no humans and most definitely no binders were allowed. Not that they could get to it. The city was only accessible through the djinn channels. The binders used to be able to use the channels, but that knowledge was lost sometimes in the middle of the war.

A cold shiver went down my spine as I saw a dark patch in the channel, I clutched Mangoo's arm tighter. He looked over at me, mouth drawn into a line. The Truum was not a place djinn came back from. It was a place used to scare young djinn into not channel traveling without permission or help from an elder. The fact that I had come back at all, let alone dragging someone out, was a miracle.

The city phased into existence around us, its tall towers touching the orange sky. The city was in what the elders called a pocket of dimension. It was independent from the human world. However, the city hadn't always been our home. Thousands of years ago we lived with the humans, in a place called the Arabian peninsula. The buildings were mostly white marble with adobe structures mixed in. The architecture had strong hints of many human cultures. Mostly old designs created by Greek, Roman and Middle eastern people.

Mangoo tugged at my arm to snap me out of my momentary zone out.

"Reality to Fritz, Come in Fritz-o."

I lightly smacked his arm for using that ridiculous nickname he gave me when we were younger. He led me to a large building with white stone pillars out front, the arches were perfectly smooth. Mangoo pranced up to the oversized ornate metal doors and promptly kicked the design on the bottom three times. I still flinched when he did these things, but he had nothing to worry about. Few djinn would tell off a Marid for doing what they wanted. As an Ifrit, I wasn't the lowest class but I was one slot below the Marid on the social ladder. If a Vetala, the lowest class, had dared to do what Mangoo did the consequences would have been severe.

"Hey! Open up all ye Fogeys!" He yelled.

I covered my eyes with my hand, Mangoo had always been the dramatic kind.

But, the doors swung inward. His dramatic act had gotten their attention. He turned a gave me a grin so wide that it made my face hurt in sympathy.

"Well? Shall we?" He asked.

"Lets just get it over with."