chapter 8

(A/N at this point I'm trying to drag it out as much as possible so the books longer lmao, bare with me)
"Elle! That's not fair!" Tao whined as he and Elle ran around the courtyard. We were all laughing. "Give me back my beanie!"
"Never!" She responded.
I looked towards Nick to see he wasn't paying any attention to me, so was the rest of the group. I quickly pecked his lips and a look of shock crossed his face as Tao finally got his beanie back.
I leaned back into Nick, "One me, one you. We're even now," I leaned back forward and started talking to Isaac about the new book he was reading.

"Pss, Y/n," Nick whispered.
I looked over to him from my desk, "What?"
"Two me, one you," He said quietly.
I furrowed my eyebrows, "Huh?" He quickly shot forward and kissed me. My eyes widened in shock as he went back to his studies like nothing had happened, a smirk on his face.
"Fuck you," I whispered.
He laughed quietly, "When and where?"
Heat creeped up my neck.
"(Ms, Mr, Mx) L/n, what is the answer to number seven?"
I looked down at my paper, "Um, forty-eight?" I asked. The teacher sighed.
"It's one hundred twenty-two, miss," Nick said to me. I glared at him, if he hadn't distracted me I would've been able to get it right. He just smiled back at me.

I sighed as I waited with Tao and Elle for the boys to be done with rugby practice. I was third wheeling so hard right now.
I walked up to the edge of the field as they took a water break.
I cupped my hands around my mouth, "Oi! Nelson! Get your ass over here!" I yelled as loud as I could. He jogged over. God he's so attractive I can't.
"What's up?" He asked, catching his breath.
"Just this," I said and kissed him, longer than usual because oh my gods, it's Nick fucking Nelson.
"Fuck off," he said, instead of leaving he brought me back in for a longer kiss.
"Damn, someones horny yeah?" I asked after he let me go.
"I have to get back to practice," And he left. I shrugged happily, we're even now.

It was now Friday, the scores were tied. Ten to ten. I'm going to be honest. This week has been torture. I don't want to wait on us anymore. I don't want to be just friends that make out sometimes. I want to date him. But I told him to wait, so I have to wait too. Soon, soon I'll give in.

It was the end of the day, I was one ahead of Nick. Thirteen to twelve. I was now avoiding him, much to my dismay. But if I'm around him, then has the opportunity to kiss me. And I'm not letting him beat me.
"Hey Y/n, look, I'm really sorry for this, but I'm getting paid so," Riley walked up to me and grabbed my arms.
"The fuck?" I asked as I saw Nick walk up.
"Hi," He said and kissed me.
"I hate both of you,"
"Sure," Riley let me go and I kicked his shin.
"Ow, the fuck, that hurt," He whined and Nick laughed at him. I kicked Nick too, who also whined and grabbed his ankle.
I walked away smiling triumphantly. We're tied but at least he didn't win.

Once I got home I took a nap. I woke up to Riley coming into my room.
"Someone's at the door for you," I rubbed eyes.
"Tell them to go away,"
"No,"
"Ugh, you're so mean," I said and dragged myself out of bed.
I got to the door, opened it, and was immediately met with a pair of lips on mine. I pushed the person away to see it was just Nick.
He smiled at me, "I win,'
"Ugh, I hate you, I hate everything," I whined.
"Sucks to suck,"
"Y/n? Who's at the door?" Rileys mom asked from the kitchen.
"No one important," I called back. Nick put his hand on his heart.
"Ouch, that hurts," He said.
"Oh come on, Y/n, everyones important," Riley's mom said as she walked to the door.
"Oh Nick! Come in! I just finished making dinner, would you like some?"
"I'm afraid I have to get back home, otherwise I would love some," He said kindly. Rileys mom nodded in understanding and walked away.
"Goodbye love," He said and started walking away.
"Goodbye bitch,"

5/17/22