chapter 15

I have a love hate relationship with this chapter, tell me what you think.

⚠️Ahhhh ⚠️TW ⚠️TW ⚠️TW⚠️ TW⚠️ TW⚠️ TW⚠️ there will be sexual assult and attempted rape, pls pls pls proceed with caution, I can give you a simple rundown of this chapter if  you decided to skip it and want to know the basics of what happened, pls do not proceed if you believe you will or might be triggered, it's a very heavy topic⚠️

    I was talking to the boy-whose names I learned was Jackson- from last night at our usual picnic table. Ignoring Harry as best I could. I wondered where Nick was but tried to not let it get to me.
    "Looking for your boyfriend?" Harry called out and I looked to where he was talking to see Charlie who looked at me with slight hurt in eyes that I was still hanging out with the group, much like the look Riley gave me earlier. Guilt filled my body as I looked down. "I know I'm attractive mate, there's no need to stare "
    "What happened to you?" Charlie asked once he saw the bruises on Harry's face.
    "Ask Riley Reyes. He's got some serious anger issues,"
    "Did you have a fight?"
    Harry stood from his sitting position, "He just can't seem to take a joke anymore. Like, you know I was only joking in the cinema, don't you? Yet he starts fighting me when I've done nothing wrong,"
    "What's going on? Are you okay?" Tao walked up and instantly started asking questions.
    "It's fine. Let's just go," Charlie said quickly and began to walk away, but Harry stopped Tao from following.
    "You alright, mate? You want to fight me too?" He taunted.
    "You clearly didn't get hugged much as a child bit if you're craving human contact that badly, you could just say so," Tao shot back.
    "Tao, just leave it, everything's fine," Charlie interrupted.
    "Yea, maybe listen to your boyfriend, at least he knows his place,"
    "Harry," I warned and he rolled his eyes as Charlie walked away. Tao looked at me, waiting for me to follow but I stayed still. His gazed burned into my head as I looked down before I heard him scoff and look away. I sighed and turned towards Harry as he made his way back to the picnic table.
    "You need to watch your mouth, Harry, I'm serious," I told him before turning back and continuing my conversation with Jackson.

~Charlie pov~
    I said goodbye to Tao as we went to our separate homerooms (I forgot what they called then sry.) Why was Y/n with them? Why would they do that?
    I walked into my homeroom, shaking my thoughts once I saw Riley looking out the fogged windows, Nick on his phone across from him, probably texting Y/n.
    I speed walked over and sat next to Riley who looked over, his eye had a purple ring around it and his nose looked a little messed up.
    "Hi," He said quietly as Nick got up, excusing himself and walking over to talk with the teacher.
    "What happened?" I asked, motioning to his face.
    He looked down, "Oh, uh, yeah. I kind of got into a fight. With Harry. After you left and I went to the group… he started saying some… things about you. I just lost it," He explained as I looked back up to him. "And punched him, and," he sucked in a breath, "yeah,"
    "Riley, you didn't have to do that," I started quietly, "I promise, I'm used to people saying stuff about me-"
    "No, but you shouldn't have to be," He cut me off. "People shouldn't be saying stuff about you in the first place. You shouldn't have to put up with anything like that."
    I looked down, guilt filling my body, "Sorry," I whispered.
    "No. You're not allowed to say the "s" word," I looked back at him and he sighed, " I don't even want to be friends with those people anymore,"
    I shook my head, "I don't expect you to dump your friends for me," I told him, "Some of the rugby boys are nice, like Nick,"
    "Even they just, stood there. And Y/n too, they're even with them right now. I'm tired of all of them." He said and hesitantly laid his head on Charlie's shoulder and Nick sat back down and the bell rang.