chapter 20

Short but absolutely adorable. Like, tooth rotting fluff here guys, brush ur teeth after reading this.

"Dance with me," Nick demanded, getting up off my bed and holding out his hand.

    "I- what?"

    "Take my hand," He put his hand in mine, "and dance with me," he lifted me off the bed with a sweet smile.

    We had been spending as much time as possible together as the last week of school was quickly approaching. He had come over to Rileys house so we could just mess around and do whatever, and Raven decided to stay the night in Riley's room so they could get closer and we could have our privacy.

    He pulled out his phone and played a song from our playlist. It was upbeat and he started shaking his hips very dramatically, with a duck face. I laughed as he did a small twirl, running his hands along his body.  (This is kinds ooc (out of character) I'm so sry)

    He put his hand out again and began twirling me, still doing the duck lips. I tried doing the same but couldn't stop smiling. We danced like idiots for a few songs before a slower paced song came in, it was classical.

    Our funny faces disappeared and a soft smile came across my face as I recognized the piano. The first song we danced to, however it seems slowed down and more calm. Oh you cheesy little bastard.

    His hands went to my waist and I locked my arms around his neck. We swayed side to side, looking into each other's eyes. A glint shined into my eye as the light caught on something shiny. My eyes went down to his neck and they slightly widened.

    I removed one arm from around his neck and pulled on the chain.

    "Is this my necklace?" I asked in a quiet voice, recognizing the familiar pendant, I took my eyes off the silver and looked up at him, "You're still wearing it?"

    He smiled at me with an endearing look in his eyes. "I don't plan on taking it off," he whispered and leaned forward.

    Our lips met in a soft, sweet kiss. My hand went to the back of his head, threading my fingers through his hair. His hand gently touched my cheek as the kiss deepened. I pulled away for air with a large smile on my face and rested my forehead against his, fiddling with the necklace.

    "Keep it. Something to remember me by when I leave," I whispered and his smile dropped, his arms wrapped around my face and his face into the crook of my neck and he walked forward, making us fall onto the bed.

    He squeezed my waist as he took a deep breath.

    "I don't want you to go," He whispered, almost inaudibly.

    I sighed and gently scratched his scalp, "I don't either, I really don't. I'll miss you guys. I've become so close with everyone. I didn't think this would happen to be honest, I thought I'd be alone the whole year,"

    He looked up and rested his chin on my chest, "impossible, you're too chittery, always talking," He said and I laughed, booping his nose to which he wrinkled it. He looked adorable.

    He sighed and rested the side of his head on my chest, listening to my heartbeat. After a few moments of silence he spoke up.

    "I never thought I'd fall for an American," He confessed with a goofy smile and I laughed softly.

    I looked at him with a soft, content smile, "I never thought someone like you could fall for someone like me," I said quietly and in response he squeezed my waist.

    "I'd fall for you a thousand times over,"
    I snorted.

    "What? I'm serious! I would, you're pretty awesome y/n, and pretty pretty," (normalize using every compliment for every gender! (As long as ur respecting their preferences))

    "Oh yeah?"

    "Oh yeah,"

    More silence.

    "Are you ever scared that somethings gonna happen, and you're gonna die? And leave behind everyone you love?" I looked at him with furrowed brows but he was intensely staring forward.

    "Well this took a dark turn," I commented. "But no, I guess I'm not ever scared about that. It's a part of life. But don't worry Nick, I promise you that you won't die until you're old and wrinkly and don't even know who I am,"

    He was silent for a moment, "I'll never forget you, even when I don't know my own name, I'll always know yours,"

    I smiled and placed my hand on his cheek, moving his eyes towards me. I leaned forward and gave him a small kiss on the lips.

    "I love you," I whispered onto his lips.

    He smiled and kissed me again, "I love you too, with my whole heart,"

    He'd never lie. Right?

Jkjkjk dw he's not lying...

or is he?