chapter 22

TW blood, car crash, hospitals, injuries

I hope your therapist knows about me after this

    My knees stung from the concrete as my eyes blurred. Red and blue lights filled my vision yet it was completely silent. Him getting hit replaying in my mind over and over again. His body lurching to the side and blood splattering across the road. The car stopped immediately, a large dent in its front.

    His body lurching to the side and blood splattering across the road. The car stopped immediately, a large dent in its front.

    His body lurching to the side. His body lurching to the side. His body lurching to the side. Blood. Blood was everywhere. His body lurched to the side. Blood. The car stopped. Big dent.

    "Are you okay? Excuse me (ma'am  mister (etas aren't gonna know ur pronouns yet)) are you okay?"

    "Hey, y/n, y/n we-we gotta go," Tao's voice filled my senses and I looked at him, not saying anything and nodded. He helped me to my feet and the ETAs checked us over and nodded towards the police. They gently led us inside two different ambulances. As they were walking me to the ambulance they placed Nick in something caught the sunlight and I bent down to grab it. My necklace.

    I refrained from looking at Nick. His body lurched to the side. Blood. I felt like I was going to throw up. I'm going to throw up. They handed me a bag quickly and I threw up.

    Everything was silent, silent tears steaming down my cheeks. The only thing I could hear was a loud ringing. I clutched the necklace as my knuckles turned a white color.

    We arrived at the hospital and he was immediately rushed to the ER, whereas we were led to the waiting room. I placed the necklace around my neck, still holding onto it tightly, as if I was afraid it would disappear.

    Nick's mom rushed inside the hospital doors and immediately began asking questions as her voice broke. Kate had also come inside the doors, immediately rushing over and hugging Riley. She had told me she called my parents and explained what she knew, but I barely understood her as I blankly looked forward. His body lurched to the side. Blood. I hate blood.

    It had felt like ages before the doctor finally came out and updated Nick's mom. He had said Nick was still in surgery and the full extent of his injuries were still unknown, they just knew the basics. I blanked out after that.

"Y/n/n, you need sleep," Riley told me and I immediately shook my head no. "Y/n please, just a quick nap. I'll wake you up if the doctor comes back to update us," I hesitated before carefully resting my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes.

    When I opened my eyes the room was dark. I looked around with wide eyes, trying to find some light. Nothing.

    "Why didn't you save me?" A voice rang out, echoing in my head.

    "I-what?" My voice trembled.

    "You could've saved me! You should have been paying more attention!" It yelled and I flinched, finally recognizing the voice.

    My lip wobbled as tears filled my eyes, "I'm-I'm sorry Nick. I tried, I tried, I swear I tried,"

    "You were too late, this is all your fault!"

    The black disappeared and my eyes were filled with sunlight. I looked around frantically and realized we were back at the crosswalk. Nick stood in front of me, slowly walking backwards, glaring at me.