chapter 11

(anyone know why a Brit is wearing a U.S Air Force jacket?)

   I walked next to Nick to the school. He got out airpods and handed me one, which I gladly took. He grabbed his phone and put a song on. 

And i’d give up forever to touch you

Cause I know that you feel me somehow

    I looked up to Nick who pulled me into his side with a smile. He smiled back.

And all I can taste is this moment

And all I can breathe is your life

    I thought about all our memories. Memories with everyone. The time Nick and Charlie came over, when I first met them, the night I had with Tao and Elle after everything happened. I can’t wait to make more memories with them. But in the back of my head, I know that I’m leaving them soon. In a couple months the Americans going back to America. And they’re leaving their Brits behind.

When everything feels like the movies

Yeah, you bleed just to know, you're alive

    I don’t want to leave them. I don’t want to leave Tara, or Darcy. I don’t want to leave Tao and Elle. Or Isaac, or Charlie, or Riley. I definitely don’t want to leave Nick. These people have become my family. It’s not just that I dont want to leave them, it’s that I can’t. After everything that happened, the reason I’m here in the first place, they’ve helped me without even knowing it.

And I don't want the world to see me

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

    They make me feel loved. I feel like I belong with them. And now I’m just going to leave.

I just want you to know who I am

    Nick nudged my side as we approached the school. “Hey, you okay?” he asked, his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

    I smiled, “Yeah, just thinking,”

    “About?”

    “A couple of months from now,”

    “What's happening a couple of months from now? Oh, the end of school. That’s a good thing though isn’t it?”

    I shrugged, “I guess, but it means school is over,”

    Nick laughed, “Well yeah, that's kind of the point of the end of school,”

    “Nick,” his face went serious when he realized I wasn’t trying to be funny, “The only reason I’m at this damn school, this damn continent for fucks sake, is because of school. Once school is over, I’m gone. Back to America,”

    “Oh, I hadn’t thought about that,”

    “Everything I’ve built here, friendships, relationships. They’re gone, dust,”

    “Hey, that's not true, there's long-distance,”

    “When has that ever worked?”

    He opened his mouth but Charlie called out to us because he needed help finding Tara and Darcy. At this point, we were already sitting down in the gym, where multiple chairs had been set up.

    “What happened to them?” I asked.

    “I don’t know, they just disappeared, the show starts soon,” I stood up, Nick following.

    “Do you have any idea where they could be?” Nick asked as we met up with Elle and Tao in the halls.

    “Not one,”

    We ran down the halls, looking in empty classrooms and calling out their names. I heard banging and yelling and opened a door, the other rushing in after me. I smiled as I saw Tara and Darcy standing there.

    “Hey,” Nick said, running a hand through his messy hair, “You guys are supposed to be on stage like, right now,”

    They gasped and we all rushed out the door. Tara and Darcy were in front of us all, holding hands, and Charlie and Riley were doing the same. I grabbed Nicks hand as we were running and he smiled. We quickly made it into the gymnasium and Nick and I ran to our seats. Riley stayed for a second to make sure Charlie was okay, which he was, and he ran and sat next to me. I smiled at Darcy as the music began. Unaware of the eyes studying my face.

(Sorru if the formatting is weird, I did this on my tablet lmaoo)