Dumbledore's Army

"That foul, evil old gargoyle!" Hermione exclaimed. She paced back and forth in front of us, as we all sat in the Gryffindor Common Room. "We're not learning how to defend ourselves. We're not learning how to pass our OWL's. She's taking over the entire school."

Ron and I sat on the couch listening to her rant, while Harry sat behind us in a chair listening to the radio. He turned it up suddenly and we all listened.

"And security has been and will remain the Ministry's top priority. Furthermore, we have convincing evidence that these disappearances are the work of notorious, mass murderer, Sirius Black. Make no mistake..." Fudge's voice rippled through the radio.

"Olivia! Harry!" Sirius's voice called out from the fire place.

I turned on the couch back towards the fireplace, seeing his face floating there as it had done before last year.

"Sirius!" Harry and I both exclaimed.

I got off the couch and knelt down in the front of the fireplace, with Harry quickly moving over next to me.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked curiously.

"Answering your letter. You said you were worried about Umbridge. What's she doing? Training you to kill half-breeds?" Sirius asked quite seriously.

"Sirius, she's not letting us use magic at all." Harry sighed.

"Well, i'm not surprised. The latest intelligence says that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat." Sirius shook his head at the silliness of his own words.

"Combat?" Ron frowned. "What does he think we're forming some sort of wizard army?"

"That's exactly what he thinks. That Dumbledore is assembling his own forces to take on the Ministry. He's becoming more paranoid by the minute." Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Well, that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. So we're being prevented from learning Defense Against The Dark Art's because Fudge is too scared that a bunch of students are going to over throw the Ministry?" I said furiously.

"Exactly, Olivia." Sirius nodded and let out a sigh. "The others wouldn't want me telling you this, Harry, Olivia, but things aren't going at all well with the Order. Fudge is blocking the truth at every turn, and these disappearances are just how it started before. Voldemort is on the move." He whispered grimly.

"Well, what can we do?" I asked concerned. There was a distant clattering.

"Someone's coming. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. But for now at least, it looks like you're on your own." Sirius gave us a sympathetic look before the flame of the fire disappeared.

Thunder rumbled outside and rain began to pour down. The four of us stood to our feet and walked towards the window, looking out at the nasty gray skies.

"He really is out there, isn't he?" Hermione asked shakily. I stepped forward and touched her shoulder, nodding my head. "We've got to be able to defend ourselves. And if Umbridge refuses to teach us how, we need someone who will."

Hermione turned and looked at Harry and I.

"Us? Are you mad?" I scoffed, shaking my head.

"Olivia, I can believe, but me? No way." Harry shook his head.

"I might be good with spells, but I've never had to teach anyone! I could probably handle teaching, Ron and Hermione, but that's it. " I explained. "And I certainly wouldn't do it without you, Harry." I sighed.

"Just think about it, okay? The both of you." Hermione pleaded. " You're the only two with real experience against the Dark Arts." Hermione pleaded. "For now, we should all get to bed. Come on, Livy."