Steven - 5

Fluff with a little bit of angst (insecure reader)
Just Steven
Very cute stuff
___________________________

Promise

You come home to Steven already in your shared room. You had to work late and you were very exhausted on this particular night. You think he's asleep until you hear the soft flipping of a page from within the room as you try to enter it quietly. You see him reading from one of your favorite books. He looks up at you. "Hello, love!" He smiled. You look at him taking off your shoes and coat as you entered the room. "Hi babe, didn't I tell you that you didn't have to wait up for me when I work late?" You ask with a smile. He chuckled "I know but I couldn't help it, I really wanted to see you today." You smile and walk toward the bed. "Steven, can you read to me darling?" You asked a little hesitant. He gave you a smile and patted the bed next to him. "Of course. Come here." He said you sat in the bed laying your head in his lap as he played with your hair with one hand and held his book with the other. You played with your fingers nervously, a thing you only did when something was bothering you. Steven didn't notice at first, but eventually he looked up and paused his reading. "Darlin'?" He asked softly "hm?" He looked down at you. "Are you alright?" He asked. You nodded quickly and looked away. "Alright what's wrong?" He asked. You sighed and sat up taking his hands in yours. "Am I good looking?"  You asked hesitantly. He titled his head "of course darlin' why do you ask?" he was concerned. You shrugged "I was just told otherwise by a coworker and I just wanted to make sure..." you said. "Darlin' I think you're absolutely wonderful." He said looking at you. You smile a little "I love you so much." You mumble crushing your lips onto his. He smiled and held you close "I love you too Y/N" he said smiling as you laid back down and he continued to read.

_______________________________

A/N: Hi! Again this is very rushed but I got the idea and decided I had to write, I've been going through a little bit of a tough time and writing has been a nice distraction so please let me know if you like what I put out there, comment or message me for requests! Have a good day/ night!